Trade Association seeks Public Affairs Manager to perform the following duties:
Committee Responsibilities: Supports the activities of the Communications Committee
• Collaborates with Digital Communications Specialist on content for DSA.org, including infographics, fact sheets, web pages, etc.
• Collaborates with Digital Communications Specialist on both dissemination and content to get materials into hands of policymakers, opinion leaders and media — as well as DSA members
• Develops public affairs deliverables for DSA or DSEF events
• Develops and updates media packet
• Determines how DSA research can be packaged and posted for public affairs consumption
• Contributes articles to monthly newsletter.
• Liaises regularly with Government Relations Department to determine what materials are needed to advance policy objectives; draft materials needed to advance policy objectives
• Helps plan and develop deliverables for annual Direct Selling Day on Capitol Hill
• Helps plan and develop deliverables for PAC and SuperPAC giving
• Helps draft content for Communications Committee entries for board book
• Suggests agenda items for Communications Committee meetings
• Assists Senior Vice President, Public Affairs with all efforts to improve industry reputation
• Other duties as assigned
1. Provides administrative support in related areas as necessary
2. Carries out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time in keeping with the purposes of DSA.
Desired Experience/Qualifications: 3-5 years of experience. A bachelor’s degree is required. Work experience in public affairs or strategic communications at an agency, consulting firm or trade association is preferred. Political experience is also beneficial.
• Exceptional writing skills, including drafting different types of business communications for public affairs audiences
• Ability to identify and draw out messages that resonate
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail
• Strategic thinking
• Professional demeanor
• Strong professional presence
• Competent execution