Political Data & Digital Specialist Grade: PS – 3
Purpose of Position:
The Political Data & Digital Specialist is responsible for the management of data within the Political Department and support of digital programs.
The Political Digital & Data Specialist performs a wide range of duties as assigned by the International Union, including, but not limited to the following:
• Develop and administer systems for integrating data from field canvasses and online programs.
• Set up and manage any data collection and reporting tools necessary for tracking field and digital campaigns.
• Administer political the data systems, including: SQL, Catalist, VAN, Quickbase & Blue State Digital.
• Train necessary staff to use data and digital communication tools.
• Interpret and analyze data from field and digital campaigns.
• Produce high quality reports based on data analysis.
• Contribute to planning and deployment of content for digital communications for:
o List building/acquisitions
o Activism and engagement
• Provide technical support for social media issue campaigns, special projects and partners.
• Work with staff and consultants to produce copy, graphics, animations, videos and other materials for use as digital content.
• Provide analysis on the efficacy of copy, graphics, animations, videos and other multi-media materials for used as digital content.
• Coordinate with campaigns, partners and Local unions when necessary on the planning and deployment of digital content associated with various campaigns.
• Coordinate with field efforts to incorporate canvass contacts into digital work, and online acquisitions into field work.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the National Field Director and the works independently.
SEIU staff and its leaders and members, SEIU local unions and state councils, coalition partners, other support organizations and vendors.
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours and some travel may be required.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university and at least three to five years of work in data and digital communications in a campaign setting or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of digital communications and data management overall best practices.
• Thorough experience with the Internet and digital technology for communication, education, and advocacy.
• Experience with building online audiences and communities.
• Knowledge of unions, the labor movement and their mission and objectives.
• Ability to effectively use digital communication platforms like Blue State Digital.
• Ability to handle multiple high-priority assignments simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
• Ability to work in a coordinated and collaborative fashion with other staff and consultants.
• Ability to access and manage data in SQL, Catalist, Quickbase, and other data management tools and applications.
• Experience with Unix/Bash preferred
• Demonstrated ability to administer a VAN database.
• Skill in use of Microsoft Office and Google Drive programs.
• Skill in the use of geographic and mapping software.
• Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
• Familiarity with organizing and political campaigns preferred.
• Excel test (intermediate)
• Writing sample or presentation of data analysis required
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holiday and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/pnm8t8smyk