Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
Logistics Coordinator (Term) Grade: PS-1
2 Full Time -Temporary positions ending 12/31/2016
The person in this position will work in the Logistics Department to coordinate daily logistics needs for union wide campaigns and events.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
· Maintains regular contact with and may serve as first point of contact for campaign leads, SEU field and headquarters staff, Local Unions, State Councils, FFE and campaign staff and partner organizations as directed
· Provides rapid response and emergency support to logistics needs of field leaders and staff, including evaluation, researching and responding to requests for information and assistance from Local Unions, State Councils, , FFE and campaign staff International officers and staff
· Implements logistics including, but not limited to travel, car rentals, hotel accommodations and long term housing, makes any changes necessary, confirms that individuals or groups have completed travel or arrived at destinations, and alerts Director/Deputy Director of any potential or realized problems
· Tracks and maintains database of campaign activity through data collection and input. Uses Quickbase database to input data, make changes and run reports. Creates and maintains online filing system of all reports to be easily accessed.
· Provides assistance on logistics for the production of large and small scale conferences, trainings and other meetings
· Provide trainings on logistics systems and on-site support to campaign field leaders and train on operational systems as necessary
· Assists with the Identification and adoption of best practices to increase effectiveness and efficiency
· Assists with administration of field staff expenses and budgets, vendor accounts, events and trainings through SEIU’s financial database for work on International campaigns and events
· Tracks budget to actual spending and provides reports as requested related to field based expenditures, campaign initiatives and campaign organizer activities
· Works autonomously to plan and execute local and regional meetings in conjunction with the Logistics Director and Deputy Directors, including agenda, preparing materials, workshops, and arranging all aspects of lodging, catering and room set up
· Assesses need for, acquires, and distributes equipment and supplies as necessary (following the appropriate approvals)
· Assists in researching, writing, and implementing department-wide projects
· Provides telephone back-up support and answers and services routing requests to the Logistics Department; performs other administrative duties
· Performs other duties as requested
Include SEIU field and headquarters staff and leaders, campaign leads, Local Union and State Council staff, and campaign or FFE staff.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Logistics Department Director or Deputy Director and the incumbent works under general supervision.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; and at least two (2) years of related work experience with a minimum of one (1) year of experience with campaign and field logistics, operations, meeting planning, database development; and familiarity specifically with field based operations and campaigns and/or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below. Previous campaign coordination experience preferred; and skilled in the use of accounting software is recommended.
High School diploma or GED; and five (5) years of experience in campaign and field logistics operations, meeting planning, database development; and familiarity specifically with field based operations and campaigns.
Or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Commitment to promoting SEIU’s goals
· Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a group, problem solve and make logical conclusions in a fast paced, campaign-like environment
Knowledge of, and skilled in,working with campaign and filed logistics and operations and familiarity with SEIU campaigns/programs (ie., FFE, political deployment, organizing blitzes, etc.)
Ability ot work in the field with campaign staff in order to set up offices, train staff, arrange housing and participate in campaign related activities.
Skills in planning, organizing and executing small and large scale meetings, trainings and other events on short notice, including agendas and workshops within an established budget
· Ability to process contracts, set up traveler profiles, route payments and manage vendor accounts and respond to requests
Knowledge of, and skilled in, working with field based expenses such as reimbursements, allowances, check requests, and per diems
Knowledge of, and skilled in, the use of computerized database programs and financial analysis related to same field based expenses listed above
Knowledge of, and skilled in, Quickbase preferred.
Knowledge of, and skilled in, the use of computerized database programs and financial analysis
Ability to use databases to track and process field based expenses, travel, lodging records, assignments and personal information
Ability to organize and participate in lobby days, large and small scale meetings, events and actions
Bility to collaborate with other departments as necessary in order to process contracts, set up traveler profiles, route payments and manage vendor accounts and respond to requests. Should have experience working with the SEIU FFE, campaign, organizing, legal, meetings and travel, accounting, communications, new media, and other departments/divisions as required.
Demonstrated ability to lead a team in order to complete projects
· Advanced and demonstrated skills in the use of computers to include Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Access and Excel), databases, spreadsheets, and Internet research;
Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task; above average organizational skills
Able to work irregular and often long hours
Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals
Ability to work well under pressure and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to adapt to changing situations on a daily basis
Able (and willing) to travel when necessary
Excellent phone demeanor
Demonstrated ability to be diplomatic, taking a professional approach to problem solving while thinking independently and creatively
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Microsoft Word, Excel (Intermediate)
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Extended hours and travel required.
Probationary Period: 36 Weeks
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position.
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and as such the incumbent is bound by the language of said agreement and party to all benefits, dues and requirements associated with being a member of a union and the (CBA).
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/677ndp22t9