The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Climate Training Manager to work with the Special Projects team. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that combines strategic campaigns and cutting-edge communications to win concrete victories on the path to solving the climate crisis.
General Overview: The Climate Training Manager is responsible for creating the content and agenda for dynamic and inspirational climate advocacy trainings led by former Vice President Al Gore. The applicant must be steeped in climate policy, an excellent communicator, but also have the organizational skillset to help plan large-scale projects and events. Projects are both domestic and international, and require travel. This position is full time.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is in the DC office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Developing content, subject-matter, and the agenda for Climate Reality Leader trainings.
• Identifying, vetting, recruiting and preparing experts and speakers at Climate Reality Leader trainings.
• Working closely with other departments to ensure that Climate Reality Leader trainings track organizational priorities.
• Analyzing the U.S. climate landscape to develop programmatic content.
• Working closely with other team members to plan and execute Climate Reality Leader trainings and possibly other Climate Reality events.
• Creating support and briefing materials for every Climate Reality Leader training and possibly other Climate Reality events.
• Assisting with briefing Climate Reality leadership for Climate Reality Leader trainings.
• Helping design and manage programmatic content for additional events outside of Climate Reality Leader trainings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• Strong grasp of and background in U.S. climate policy.
• Comfortable working with high-profile leaders.
• Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Excellent program management skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Self-starter with the ability to identify challenges and solve problems with creative solutions.
Salary and Benefits:
• Commensurate with experience.
• Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.