The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Campaigns Director to lead the Campaigns team. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that combines strategic campaigns and cutting-edge communications to win concrete victories on the path to solving the climate crisis.
General Overview: The Campaigns Director is responsible for implementing Climate Reality’s existing campaigns, managing Climate Reality’s Campaigns staff, and crafting new, innovative, and cutting edge campaigns to solve the climate crisis. The Campaigns Director manages all of our state and national grassroots, administrative, legislative, and electoral work, works with our Engagement team to involve Climate Reality Leaders in Campaigns, and helps develop and implement organizing models and digital campaigns to increase the campaign engagement of our volunteers. This position oversees The Climate Reality Campus Corps and I AM PRO SNOW programs that continue to scale and win victories through our 100% Committed campaign, which pushes cities, towns, businesses, and universities around the world to run on 100-percent renewable electricity.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position could be in either the DC or the Boulder office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Managing the campaigns staff, and programs such as Campus Corps, I AM PRO SNOW, U.S. State and National policy, and other work to implement the Paris Agreement, as well as current campaigns, such as the 100% Committed Campaign.
• Designing cutting edge campaigns and establishing the goals, strategy and tactics to make meaningful change.
• Managing relationships with campaign coalition partners along with our Strategic Partnership Team and our Director for Business Engagement.
• Overseeing and creating media, communications, social media and other materials for Climate Reality campaigns in collaboration with the Communications and Creative teams to enhance public awareness of our campaigns and the organization’s overall mission.
• Creating and managing department, program, and campaign budgets.
• Ensuring interdepartmental coordination.
• Managing department employees by providing professional direction while supporting growth, and conducting fair and unbiased performance reviews for department employees as part of the organization’s performance review process.
• Reviewing, approving and monitoring of any department related contracts and invoices.
• Communicating program and organizational updates to department staff on a regular and ongoing basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years or more of relevant experience delivering advocacy or political campaigns.
• Detailed knowledge of broad range of campaigning strategies and tactics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with using large email and social media lists in campaigns.
• Effective organizational/project management skills working across multiple teams.
• Attention to detail.
• An understanding of and adherence to deadlines.
• Demonstrable ability to successfully navigate through complicated coalitions
• Excellent soft skills that allow for pushing for on-time delivery without negatively impacting morale.
• Well-developed management skills to lead, motivate and develop projects and teams.
• Demonstrable strategic thinker and problem solving acumen.
• Enthusiastic, self motivated and committed to excellence.
• Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
• Personal commitment to Climate Reality’s mission and demonstrated knowledge of climate and environmental issues.
Salary and Benefits:
• Commensurate with experience.
• Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.