ADS Ventures, Inc., a boutique government relations firm focusing on federal, multi-state, and Massachusetts lobbying and public affairs, is seeking an Associate Vice President to support the firm’s federal health care and national security practices. The role will include client strategy and management, new business development, and Congressional and agency relationship building and advocacy. The ideal candidate will support the federal team in managing existing clients, as well as assist in developing a strategy to build relationships with potential clients in these fields. The role will be based in Boston, MA, and involve traveling to Washington, DC and attending events both in Boston and throughout New England.
The Associate Vice President will support the Vice President, Federal Affairs, in servicing current clients in the health care, financial services, and national security fields, and work with the team to grow these practices. The role will include:
• Tracking legislation, hearings, and similar Congressional action, as well as agency rules and regulations;
• Drafting letters, questions for the record, white papers, regulatory comments, etc.;
• Meeting with Congressional and agency staff, attending Congressional events and fundraisers, association briefings and annual meetings, etc.; and
• Supporting the federal team in client meetings and business development.
• Minimum of five to seven years of relevant work experience in government relations, either on Capitol Hill, within a trade organization or public affairs firm, or in house;
• Experience in the health care, pharmaceutical, or biotech sector preferred;
• Bachelor’s degree required; public policy or master’s degree encouraged;
• Strong writing, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills, with clear ability to multitask and manage numerous clients at one time;
• Working knowledge of Mac OS X and Apple software required; experience with legislative tracking services (congress.gov, Bloomberg Government, State Net, FiscalNote, etc.) strongly preferred; and
• Willingness and ability to travel frequently (approximately 30 percent of the time).
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
About ADS Ventures, Inc.
ADS Ventures, Inc. is a public affairs, lobbying, and consulting firm located in Boston, MA, and Washington, DC. We are a mission-driven, boutique firm with a growing list of clients from start-ups to Fortune 500s. For over 20 years, ADS Ventures has worked with corporations, educational institutions, non-governmental organizations, and trade associations to build political visibility and goodwill by providing strategic counsel on public policy and government relations initiatives. Founded by former-Congressman Chet Atkins, the ADS team brings its clients a unique combination of bipartisan legislative and regulatory policy experience.