International Christian Concern (ICC), www.persecution.org, is a Washington DC-area nonprofit (501 c3) devoted to providing assistance, advocacy, and awareness for the worldwide persecuted Christian Church. ICC is seeking an exceptionally talented and motivated public policy professional for the position of Advocacy Manager. The Advocacy Manager will report to ICC’s Advocacy Director to support the strategies and initiatives of the Advocacy Department. Working collaboratively with other members of the ICC team, the Advocacy Manager will assist the Advocacy Director to accomplish identified goals for the department and expand the advocacy efforts of ICC. This is a full-time position in Silver Spring, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Initiate and conduct advocacy tours on Capitol Hill on topics of critical concern.
• Initiate and organize press conferences, congressional hearings, and congressional staff briefings.
• Draft or review correspondence to foreign governments, the U.S. Congress, and the U.S. Executive Branch.
• Assist in the development of effective, flexible advocacy strategies.
• Conduct in-depth research related to ICC’s advocacy initiatives.
• Provide preparation for radio, television, and print interviews.
• Draft, edit, and compile ICC’s petition documents.
• Develop and maintain ICC’s advocacy contacts database.
• Initiate and manage small-scale, targeted advocacy grassroots efforts.
• Conduct other projects as needed.
Experience and Skills
• We have a strong preference for an individual with a strong Christian witness and history.
• Required: Minimum of a Bachelor Degree.
• Required: 1+ year of experience working as either personal, committee, or leadership staff on Capitol Hill.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Demonstrated track record of managing multiple tasks and projects, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• U.S. resident with U.S. citizenship or work visa.
Salary and Benefits
• Salary is offered at $40,000-$52,000/year, dependent on skills and experience.
• ICC’s group hospitalization and dental benefits plan after the initial two calendar months of employment.
• Generous vacation leave and holiday schedule.
Send your cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
Please do not call ICC. Qualifying applicants will be contacted.