Planned Parenthood Federation of America
New York, NY or Washington, DC
Job ID: MO20131106-35764
For nearly a century, Planned Parenthood has fought for a world where every woman has immediate and unfettered access to the basic reproductive care and knowledge that is her human right. With its 74 affiliates managing nearly 800 health centers nationwide, Planned Parenthood provides family planning and reproductive health care services, education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people each year. Now, as the leading reproductive rights advocate, health care provider, and sex educator for women, Planned Parenthood looks to its next 100 years. After examining the major trends impacting the organization, the federation came together to create a vision for the future that is embodied by the goals of its new five year strategic plan: becoming the go-to source for sexuality education and sexual health information and care for young women and men, and helping to create the healthiest generation ever.
The Senior Writer/Editor is responsible for ensuring that a large volume of written content advances Planned Parenthood’s mission and enhances the organization’s profile. The Senior Writer/Editor drafts or edits reports, op-ed pieces, guest articles, memos, partnership proposals, and other materials that inform, engage, and persuade key audiences. The Senior Writer/Editor reports to the Managing Director of Communications in Washington, DC, while working closely with the Vice President of Communications in New York.
- Identifies content that would advance PPFA’s strategic goals, and then drafts it (such as issue-based reports, op-ed pieces, etc).
- Drafts content as assigned (reports, op-ed pieces, etc).
- Manages workflow independently and sets realistic deadlines that account for additional review from multiple stakeholders.
- Identifies research to include in written material and conducts the research or manages other staff to conduct it.
- Reviews large volume of material produced by other staff, particularly the Media Relations team (press releases, op-ed pieces, memos, etc), and edits it for content (clarity, consistency, and effectiveness). In some cases, rewrites material under tight deadlines.
- Works across divisions and functions to ensure that written material from Communications reflects the organization’s positions and strategies well.
- Manages and contributes to other projects as needed.
For a full position description and to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/14xRqek
Comments are closed.