|SEIUSenior Communications Specialist – Child Care Campaign Grade: PS-3Washington, DCSummary:
The Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of communications plans for various campaigns including organizing, political action, bargaining, and other activities. May help lead local union communications staff and specialists in developing and coordinating public relations, media relations and general communications support for campaigns and other union projects.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
* Provides high-level strategy recommendations and assists in the development of strategies to improve the public image and visibility of SEIU and various locals.
* Develops, plans and directs communications strategies and calendars for various campaigns within the International and various locals.
* Writes op-eds, background pieces, fact sheets, press kit materials, leaflets and other collateral materials as needed for various campaigns.
* Assists various locals in the development and coordination of communications strategies for campaign projects.
* Writes talking points, statements, letters to the editor, copy for flyers, speeches and other written materials as needed.
* Develops and coordinates a network of local union communications representatives as needed for various campaigns. This coordination may include media training and other support.
* Provides support for International officers or local officers attending campaign or other events.
* Monitors media coverage of various campaigns, maintains clipping files, makes recommendations on ways to improve media coverage.
* Provides background briefings for International and Local Union Officers, field staff and union members; coordinates event logistics and interviews (i.e. videography, still photography, advisories, news releases, stage-setting collateral, etc.)
* Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Include SEIU staff and other experts on campaign communications issues.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to an Assistant Director of Campaign Communications and the incumbent works independently.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications, English or another related field and four (4) years of work experience in media relations, public affairs, or campaign communications including all aspects of literature production process. OR, a graduate degree with course work in communications or related field and two (2) years’ experience in media relations, public affairs, or campaign communications including all aspects of literature production process.
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours and travel may be required.
Probationary Period: 36 weeks.
Writing test and writing samples required.
In addition to a resume, a cover letter is required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan. Please also include writing samples.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holiday and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/
Comments are closed.