The Business Industry Political Action Committee (BIPAC) is looking to immediately hire a Director, Grassroots Services to a full time position with benefits.
Qualified candidates will have 2-3 years experience, excellent communications skills and be familiar with Excel, Power Point, and Adobe. Ability to learn new technical skills quickly is imperative and previous experience in customer service related fields is desired. Knowledge of or interest in HTML is a plus, but not required as long as there is a willingness to learn. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as interact well in a team environment. In addition, must be able to work in a very fast-paced setting, manage changing priorities, and keep up with concurrent tasks.
The Director of Grassroots Services serves as the main BIPAC grassroots contact for approximately 300 members and leads the development and maintenance of member grassroots resources in coordination with the Senior Vice President, Advocacy.
• Leads development and maintenance of grassroots websites;
• Works with Director, PAC Services to ensure coordinated development of grassroots and PAC websites;
• Reviews benefits of BIPAC membership with existing members, with the goal of increasing member engagement and use of BIPAC’s tools and services;
• Ensures members are trained effectively on BIPAC’s Member Portal;
• Maintains and updates grassroots website content;
• Coordinates with the IT department to troubleshoot website issues;
• Identifies prospective upgrades and pitches appropriate membership level;
• Maintains and updates grassroots resources and information on the BIPAC Portal;
• Manages, creates and sends monthly all-member email newsletter;
• Develops policies and procedures to improve internal communications/processes, and overall grassroots service and support;
• Hires, trains and supervises all grassroots services support staff;
• Takes on issue and website projects for Senior Vice President Advocacy when necessary;
• Reports to Senior Vice President of Advocacy.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Bethany Dame at firstname.lastname@example.org; fax 202.833.2338.
BIPAC enables more effective business participation in the political process. We provide the political strategy and tools to help our members reach their election and public policy goals. We take an integrated approach to political involvement, combining grassroots advocacy and PAC resources, all directed by nationally recognized political analysis. An independent, bipartisan organization, BIPAC is supported by several hundred of the nation’s leading businesses and trade associations.