For Love of Children (FLOC) is seeking a Director of Development to implement a fundraising plan that will position FLOC to continue serving as a leading model in providing educational services beyond the classroom to students from first grade through college and career. Working closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors and with support from a team of three Development Associates, the Director of Development will expand FLOC’s annual operating budget, lead development operations and bring new, creative ideas to the organization.
This is a unique opportunity to join the leadership team of an established organization poised for growth.
• Implement and monitor annual development plan and strategy for organizations fundraising efforts including major gifts, workplace giving, foundation and corporate support, annual spring fundraising event, and FLOC signature events.
• Assist the Executive Director and the Board in the cultivation of prospective and current donors using the Benevon fundraising model of donor stewardship.
• Research a wide variety of individuals, faith organizations, special interest groups, and corporate entities for the perpetual growth and development of new and existing funding streams.
• Continually develop and maintain positive relationships with associations, businesses and corporations for monetary, in-kind and volunteer support.
• Develop and implement a strategy designed to cultivate and solicit donations from major donors to assist and/or alleviate the necessity to expend revenue.
• Supervise the in-take of all in-kind donations to ensure equitable appropriation amongst programs.
• Oversee the implementation of direct mail and solicitation campaigns; coordinate with Program Managers to target solicitations for special needs specific to programs.
• Supervise the Executive Assistant in the tracking of prospect cultivation and processing all donations, including in-kind gifts, in the Donor Perfect software; producing all donor acknowledgements; and generating regularly used reports.
• Support the maintenance of donor files, and track direct mail responses for use in reports and budget preparation.
• Support the Senior Development Associate in her management of all grant research, writing, reporting, and assisting the Executive Director with some foundation relationship stewardship.
• In consultation with the Executive Director and Board, and with assistance from the Communications Consultant, implement the strategic communication plan for promoting FLOC’s goals and funding needs through local and regional media campaigns, social media outreach, FLOC ambassadors program, and general public relations.
• Continually participate in the creative and innovative special events that provide the opportunity for individuals and groups with special interests to become actively involved and engaged with FLOC programs.
• In consultation with the Executive Director and the Board, coordinate annual fundraising “ask event” to ensure adequate participation, appropriate activities and reasonable adherence to the goals and targets.
• In collaboration with the Executive Director and Senior Development Associate, create a reasonable development office operating budget with measurable goals and objectives to ensure program fiscal viability.
• Periodically monitor and review development fundraising activities to ensure that the programs and agency maintain fiscal year and long term goals.
• Bachelors Degree
• 7-10 years of experience in fundraising, marketing or related field
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Experienced in prospect cultivation and donor stewardship
• Experience cultivating and stewarding strong, long-term relationships
• Knowledgeable and passionate about education issues in DC
• An excellent oral and written communicator
• High functioning with computer software and applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, donor tracking databases and internet
• Enthusiastic about our mission and the non-profit sector
• Passionate about the youth we serve
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: