The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) brings together the shared interests of hundreds of securities firms, banks and asset managers. SIFMA’s mission is to support a strong financial industry, investor opportunity, capital formation, job creation and economic growth, while building trust and confidence in the financial markets. SIFMA, with offices in New York and Washington, D.C., is the U.S. regional member of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA). For more information, visit www.sifma.org.
The Executive Assistant will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for the following:
• Respond to inquiries in a highly professional, organized and expedited manner;
• Take dictation and type all correspondence quickly and accurately;
• Prepare minutes of meetings based on template and notes to be provided;
• Explore and secure travel arrangements; assist in rescheduling, changes, and addressing refunds (including credits), etc.;
• Prepare and submit monthly expense reports in an accurate and timely fashion;
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service, professionalism, and confidentiality in all communications and actions;
• Present a professional image both internally and externally;
• Maintain complex calendars; schedule all appointments, meetings and conference calls;
• Handle telephone calls, including screening incoming calls;
• Screen mail and packages and deliver as appropriate;
• Ensure all assignments/projects are completed with accuracy and efficiency, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely actions are taken;
• Produce accurate, properly formatted documents and reports under sometimes tight time constraints;
• Establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional business relationships with all levels of management, employees, outside agents and companies;
• Proactively seek out areas for assisting senior managers in completing their responsibilities, ensuring that requests made of them are addressed;
• Manage personal time and workload, seeking assistance when needed;
• Prepare travel itineraries, materials for meetings during travel, presentations, etc.;
• Ensure that advance materials are prepared for each meeting/conference call;
• Demonstrate patience in dealing with demands of others.
The Executive Assistant will have:
• Bachelor degree from an accredited university;
• 5+ years of executive C level support experience;
• Excellent clerical, organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills;
• Technical skills including a full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with database use and functionality;
• A skill set to include accuracy in proof reading and extreme attention to detail;
• An ability to prioritize tasks/workload;
• A professional demeanor;
• A commitment to provide superior customer service with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients;
• A high level of respect for colleagues;
• A superior work ethic including being punctual, demonstrating work effectiveness, persistency and commitment.
SIFMA offers salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Executive Assistant” in the subject line of your email. EOE.