Major Business Trade Association seeks an experienced and highly capable Executive Assistant to support the President and CEO. Highly sought after position, that requires a high level of professionalism and discretion. Will be a part of a small, but extremely busy staff that deals with high level policy and industry issues. Outstanding opportunity for someone working on the Hill looking to transition to an Association with a congenial, tight knit group.
Should have excellent written and oral communication skills as this position will interface with high level executive staff.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have at least 3 years of Executive Assistant experience, preferably on the Hill. Strong research/writing skills a must as well.
Should be willing to provide a writing sample for review.
• Team player processing initiative, strategic, maturity and leadership qualities.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, with advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, as well as database and web design software ability.
• Highly organized and efficient, both for him/herself and the President & CEO, and able to multi-task with ease.
• Capitol Hill appointment experience, with understanding of how senior government appointments work.
• Positive outlook and results oriented.
• Represent President & CEO to Association Leadership, Professional Staff, members and other professional contacts in the highest professional manner.
• In the absence of the President & CEO, make responsible decisions regarding professional issues which might arise.
• Act as leader of Association Administrative Support team.
• Provide high level administrative support to the President & CEO, including:
o Manage the President & CEO’s calendar.
o Make travel arrangements for the President & CEO.
o Compose creative presentations to further Association’s mission.
o Screen all calls into the President & CEO’s office.
o Place calls for the President & CEO when necessary.
o Compose, transcribe, proof and distribute correspondence.
o Review and edit correspondence prepared by Association staff for the President & CEO’s signature.
• Author creative written documents to Association stakeholders to communicate our mission, strategy, and industry priorities, including:
o Regular communication with the Board of Directors (BOD) and Executive Committee (EC).
o Web content for the BOD exclusive webpage.
o Draft monthly President & CEO’s blog for the Association website for review, approval and publication.
o Draft columns for the President & CEO for industry publications and other areas.
o Assist the President & CEO in promoting our value to both current members and prospective members.
o Draft articles for the website and publications.
• Help the President & CEO develop the connections and resources necessary to bring together existing and new Association members to advance our mission, and enhance the industry.
• Provide high level coordination for the BOD and EC, including:
o Coordinate and prepare meeting materials, including meeting binders and name tents.
o Coordinate EC travel and scheduling in cooperation with appropriate member’s administrative support.
o Maintain BOD and EC lists.
o Manage and keep up-to-date the BOD and EC section of our website.
o Assist at BOD and EC meetings on- and off-site; assist during Annual Convention
• Coordinate with firm’s Retirement Plan Administrator on logistics for Bi-Annual Board of Trustees meetings, conference calls and webinars.
• Complete, review and submit semi-annual Lobbying Reports in cooperation with the Vice President — Operations.
• Manage conference call and webinar vendor services, including supporting and training staff, respond to challenges with services and review billing.
• Manage maintenance and upkeep of the office, including housekeeping, HVAC challenges, repairs and maintenance. Forward all landlord e-mails and communications to staff as appropriate.
• Prepare RFPs as needed, review proposals, and seek approval from President & CEO congruent with the budget.
• Manage record retention archives and database. Maintain document destruction plan consistent with approved policy and any ongoing suits or issues.
• Manage phone system, repairs, upgrades and resetting of voice mail boxes and auto attendants. Serve as back-up to Receptionist for programming of auto attendant, retrieving and re-directing voice messages in the general delivery mailbox. Serve as liaison to the phone vendor and telephone company for system upgrades.
• Back up receptionist during absences, and answer incoming calls to the office in rotation with other staff.
Send resumes to: steve