The Administrative Manager, Board Affairs & Office of the President will partner with the Director, Office of the President (OOP) and Manager, Board Affairs to oversee the daily prioritization and execution of daily operations of the OOP and Board Affairs, and will provide administrative support to the President. The Administrative Manager will ensure the follow-through of the President’s commitments and daily tasks, and will support the Office of the President (OOP) in executing organizational strategic goals and initiatives by providing professional administrative support, and managing day to day operations.
The Administrative Manager will be responsible for providing administrative, staffing and logistical support for all OOP office operations and PPFA/PPAF Board of Directors meetings and affairs throughout the year. The Administrative Manager will coordinate with the Director, OOP and Manager, Board Affairs as well as other departments, to manage correspondence work flow, provide professional administrative support, and manage day to day operations for the Office of the President.
The Administrative Manager will be responsible for supporting and collaborating with the Director, OOP regarding the design and implementation of OOP office operations including optimizing systems, pay orders, time sheets, contracts, Travel & Expense Reports (TER’s), supply management & file management.
The Administrative Manager will also assist as needed for larger scale meetings, special events and conferences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all correspondence for the President. Develops and maintains work flow processes to ensure that correspondence is composed, edited and proofread for signing by the President or other surrogates. Correspondence may include memos, proactive letters of congratulations or thanks, and emails. Coordinates with other departments such as Development, Government Relations, Communications and others as needed.
- Partners with the Director, OOP on proactive action lists for the president; partner with and support the Scheduler to ensure that comprehensive, accurate and timely materials are provided and organized for the President on a daily basis.
- Coordinates all OOP office operations including optimizing systems, budgeting, contracts, pay orders, TER’s, Effort Reports, incoming and outgoing mail, and supplies. Create new systems to ensure proper workflow and efficiencies.
- In partnership with and under the direction of the Manager, Board Affairs, plans and executes the logistics of all Board of Directors meetings and affiliated activities throughout the year. This includes handling travel arrangements for board members, contract, organizing materials and mailings, coordinating with IT and vendors, and completing related TERs and other administrative paperwork.
- Serves as point-person for daily IT needs for the OOP, Physical Plant & Infrastructure issues/work. Serves as liaison with department heads from Facilities and IT.
- Supports the Director, OOP and team in providing logistical support for all-staff meetings, other special large scale meetings, conferences and awards.
- Maintains up to date and accurate contact lists for both the OOP and Board Affairs, generates reports as needed; responsible for maintaining the general OOP as well as Board Affairs email inbox and calendar
- Receives and screens phone calls and assist with issues in their primary stages whenever possible. Works with OOP team to make sure all callers receive initial responses within 2 hours and for more complex calls, appropriate responses within reasonable time frames.
- Provides other administrative duties that include but are not limited to mailings, copying, collating, and organizing reports and other materials.
- Provides additional administrative support to the Director, OOP and the Manager, Board Affairs as needed.
- Completes special projects as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree. Additional professional training is preferred.
Experience: Three to four years of related, progressively responsible work experience, including special/executive assistant, advance and/or administrative experience.
Campaign, political and/or not-for-profit management experience is preferred.
By-laws, governance and board management also highly preferred.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Detail oriented with excellent project management skills, ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, often in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written communication skills – ability to craft high-level correspondence, emails and memos.
- Ability to see and understand the big picture and translate into daily action lists, correspondence, and vigilant follow-up.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely (one on one) with President and senior staff.
- Self-starter with a high level of creative initiative.
- Unflappable in face of crisis or high stress situations.
Other Requirements: Briefly describe any other requirements or physical demands not indicated elsewhere.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is essential.
- This position will need to respond to the needs of a fast-paced operation which requires after-hours availability.
|Travel||0 – 25%|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||NYC – LI – Hudson Valley|
|Years of Experience||1-3 years|
For a full position description and to apply, please visit: https://plannedparenthoodext.hire.com/viewjob.html?erjob=84363