Admin. Assistant, Intl. & Gov. Affairs – 1 year contract (DC – Penn Quarter)
compensation: $18 to $19 per hour, DOE
An extremely fast paced Federal Affairs office of a Fortune 500 health care related company is seeking an outstanding Administrative Assistant to join our team. The role is strictly a temporary or contract position with a competitive hourly rate of pay w/o benefits but has proven to be an invaluable experience for our candidates over the last 14 years.
Here are some additional details:
Business Title: Temporary Administrative Assistant – Federal Affairs
Summary: Responsible for providing administrative support to the VP of International Public and Government Affairs and other Legislative Executives.
– Serving as first point of contact for all office inquiries and visitors
– Planning meetings and events for senior staff members
– Coordinating calendars, expenses, and travel logistics, international and domestic, for three Senior Vice Presidents
– Plan and manage an international budget in excess of one million dollars
– Represent the organization in meetings with US Executive Branch officials, Congressional leaders, foreign governments, etc.
– Help build the government affairs capacity in Latin America, Europe, and Asia in coordination with regional colleagues
– Performed research, writing and proofreading tasks as requested
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree.
1 to 3 years related experience in an administrative function.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and represent the organization in a positive, professional manner.
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear, professional and pleasant manner.
Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a highly effective manner.
Ability to handle frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
Ability to juggle multiple priorities and possess good organization skills
Strong team player and be willing to assist department in various tasks.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Above average proficiency of personal computers and software applications, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Knowledge of general office procedures.
**Professional support staff candidates with corporate, professional services, or government affairs experience who are immediately available are encouraged to send resumes and cover letters along ASAP**: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideally, candidates will be able to interview on Wednesday April 30th and start on Monday May 5th