The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) seeks a Regional Political Director to oversee pro-Israel political activity throughout the Southeast region. AIPAC has worked since 1954 to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship. AIPAC is a registered domestic lobby whose principal mission is to work with Congress on legislation that strengthens the United States and Israel.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Increase the political participation of the pro-Israel community within the region and train AIPAC members to build effective relationships with their elected officials
• Manage AIPAC’s legislative mobilizations
• Conduct educational briefings with candidates for federal office
• Organize and speak at political briefings in communities throughout the region to encourage active political participation
• Track and analyze local campaign activity
• Speak in public forums to educate and engage new and current activists to facilitate pro-Israel activism in their communities
• Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
• Passion for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship and commitment to AIPAC’s mission
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ of political experience, working on political campaigns, Capitol Hill, or other relevant work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to juggle many different projects simultaneously
• A collaborative personal style
• Knowledge of Middle East current events strongly preferred
*Please include resume with cover letter to be considered.
*If applying to more than one position use the ‘Attachments’ feature to submit position specific cover letters
*AIPAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the link provided: