PLANNED PARENTHOOD FEDERATION OF AMERICA
NATIONAL OFFICE – New York, NY or Washington, DC
Political Fundraising Officer (National Finance Director)
Planned Parenthood is expanding the department of Principal and Major Gifts and developing electoral/political expertise as it continues to build upon long-term donor relationships. The Political Fundraising Officer (National Finance Director) reporting to the National Director of Principal & Major Gifts is responsible for managing all cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship for an electoral/political oriented portfolio of both existing donors and prospects and well as working with CDO and President to manage and grow the Principal Gifts program.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Significant, fundraising or donor relationship experience; 5-10+ years.
• 5-10 years of political fundraising experience.
• Preferred experience with nonprofit fundraising and contributions of $250k+.
• Network of demonstrated contacts among leading political contributors.
• Ability to travel extensively to visit donors and participants in all activities including the planning and executing of trips and events.
• Outstanding oral, written, communication and presentation skills – including the ability to listen and target communication to specific interests of varied audiences’.
• Experience in online fundraising toolsets and databases such as Raiser’s Edge and/or Blackbaud.
• Strong organizational and project management skills –with the ability to management multiple assignments and quickly changing priorities in a fast –paced setting.
• Proven ability to build deep and lasting relationships with a variety of internal partners, with whom no direct line supervision exists, as well as external individuals, from funders, donors to board members. Impeccable discretion above all else.
• Gravitas paired with the professional integrity and ambition to effectively represent and promote Planned Parenthood externally at the highest levels and internally as a surrogate for senior leadership.
• A team player with exceptional communication skills along with interpersonal savvy.
• Bachelor’s degree, plus additional related academic courses or professional training preferred.
For a full position description and to apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/1fhiC3b