NumbersUSA, a national, non-profit immigration-reduction organization with over 2 million registered activist members nationwide is seeking a Website Content Editor to develop and manage content for its top-ranked political activism website.
This position is responsible for daily (and often hourly) updating and maintaining organization’s websites, working in conjunction with Capitol Hill staff to ensure current legislative priorities are reflected on website.
• Working with Capitol Hill staff to ensure current legislative priorities are reflected on website;
• Re-purposing content for use on the web;
• Managing content, including writing current news stories, designing graphics, tagging, and adding new resource materials;
• Ensuring content consistency and theming throughout all parts of the website;
• Analyzing website traffic metrics and search engine optimization and recommending actions for increasing performance;
• Auditing the website for errors;
• Communicating/Coordinating with our technical team to ensure a rewarding user experience.
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 3-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Position will report to Director of Content and Activism but work closely with entire Management Team.
Successful candidate must have:
• Understanding of the unique aspects of reading and writing on the Web;
• Experience with Content Management Systems. We use Drupal;
• Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS;
• Familiarity with Dreamweaver and Photoshop;
• Attention for detail;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Ability to work independently;
• Strong interest in politics;
• Good communication skills.
Strong candidates will have previous online writing experience, knowledge of legislative process, and experience creating web content using a content management system.
Benefits: Pay is industry competitive; benefits are excellent, including medical and dental, a 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and medical leave, and commuting reimbursement.
Hiring Process: Please review our websites, www.NumbersUSA.org and www.NumbersUSA.com. Send resume and cover letter to Deputy Director, Anne Manetas, email@example.com.