Web Editor for a nonpartisan publication analyzing presidential, Congressional, and gubernatorial elections.
The Web Editor is responsible for working with our small team to package our political analysis attractively and to create the best possible online user experience for our subscribers. A successful candidate must exhibit and maintain a high level of efficiency, organization, and professionalism. An interest in politics is a plus.
• Publish, maintain, and update website content via our site’s Content Management System (CMS)
• Edit and proofread articles for publication and subscriber communications
• Conduct basic research for editors
• Design on-the-fly charts, slides, and infographics to supplement analysis
• Serve as main point of contact with website development/communications firm.
• Coordinate social media presence and timely promotion of site content
• Assist in day-to-day office operations and support tasks as necessary
• Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered an exhaustive description of all the requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to manage a complex CMS
• Basic competency with HTML code
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Organizational and time management skills
• Meticulous attention to details and accuracy
• Capacity to work in fast-paced environment
• Ability to think creatively and work efficiently in achieving solutions to website issues and subscriber questions
Education and/or Experience:
• College degree required (BA or BS)
• Experience in website/web-presence management preferred
• General office experience preferred
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org