SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Video Producer Grade: PS-1
Location: Washington, D.C.
This position is responsible for the production of videos and other multimedia productions for SEIU.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
• Produces videos from content development to final production.
• Supports other members of Video Team in the production of videos and multimedia deliverables.
• Creates original media, such as raw footage, motion graphics and animation.
• Obtains footage, music and other assets for SEIU video and multimedia products.
• Serves as primary contact for SEIU’S Video Library. Organizes, catalogs and archives video assets. Syncs select assets from the Video Library with SEIU’s Data Asset Management System.
• Fulfills requests from locals, and other unions and institutions for videos and raw footage
• Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
SEIU communication leads and other campaign communication specialists, other campaign staff, local staff.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Video Services and the incumbent works independently on many projects, and on certain projects works under the supervision of the Video Services Manager or Senior Video Producer/Coordinator.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Visual Media or Communications and three (3) years of demonstrated experience in a related field.
Or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of video production to include shooting, lighting, editing, story development and visual research.
• Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop.
• Knowledge of labor unions and their activities.
• Ability to develop story lines; produce and edit video media .
• Ability to work independently and to complete assignments which may require supervision of other staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
• Familiarity with graphic or illustration creation as evidenced by portfolio review.
• Skill in the use of personal computers, including Macintosh computers and related software and file maintenance.
• Skilled in the use of audio and video media production equipment.
• Familiarity with Digital Asset Management Systems.
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours and travel required.
Probationary Period: 36 weeks.
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and as such the incumbent is bound by the language of said agreement and party to all benefits, dues and requirements associated with being a member of a union and the (CBA).
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/gss95t28xk