is a global public relations company with an immediate need for a Vice President in the Public Affairs and Corporate Communications team of our Washington, DC office. This position is responsible for planning and executing activities on behalf of clients under the direction of a senior manager. Vice Presidents are expected to be able to plan and execute activities for clients in a timely, efficient, and high quality manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing strong client relationships by providing strategic counsel, building and leading solid account teams, mentoring, motivating, growing and retaining employees and managing accounts to consistently achieve business objectives.
• Demonstrating independence and autonomy with respect to their responsibilities and must exhibit a deep understanding of the clients, their industry, the account and the agency.
• Participating in new business development, company-wide initiatives, and managing finances and resources profitably.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Solid understanding of the political process and background in advocacy and issues campaigns that operate at the intersection of policy, business and communications.
• A passion for ideas and moving clients into new ways of thinking about the role of public affairs and public relations are critical to success in this role.
• Proven ability to translate complex issues into clear, compelling communications that appeal to media, connect with and engage consumers and voters and inspire action.
• Demonstrable staff management and professional development experience.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines.
• Maintains relationships and working knowledge of key online/offline media influencers/journalists.
• Ability to work collaboratively, take initiative, set priorities and lead a team.
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Ability to speak with clients about digital’s role within a broader communication strategy and to think creatively about digital when planning campaigns.
Education and Work Experience:
• Experience leading integrated communications and advocacy campaigns that span digital, social and traditional communications channels.
• Experience in growing accounts organically, prospecting and securing new business is essential to this opportunity.
• Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant strategy-driven experience in public affairs earned in political and issue campaigns, corporate or trade association public affairs or other issue advocacy and public relations roles, or in combination. Progressive experience including public relations and/or public relations agency experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION:
Apply online at : http://www.porternovelli.com/about/careers/
Porter Novelli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era or other eligible veteran, age, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental handicap unrelated in nature and extent to an individual’s ability to perform a job or any other characteristic protected by the employment discrimination laws in any state or political subdivision in which Porter Novelli does business.