State and Locals Campaign Coordinator
This position does not end in the year 2020
This position is responsible for helping to build the SEIU 2020 campaign program – a program focused on building long-term power for working people in states.
(Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification)
• Plays a primary role in synthesizing goals/strategies and putting them together in comprehensive state plans and plays a supporting role in the implementation of the plans.
• Takes on research projects and develops expertise in issue areas, which includes initial research, interviewing internal and external experts, receiving input and feedback from peers, and submitting final memos.
• Helps with coordination with SEIU Locals, IU Departments, IU Divisions, State Councils, other SEIU bodies on preparation for state meetings/plans including agenda creation, note taking and synthesis, follow up calls and other logistical needs.
• Makes recommendations to the 2020 Director on opportunities and challenges in plan development and implementation.
• Creates systems for budget and reporting and tracks budgets and reports for state plans. Reads and evaluates reports.
• Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
SEIU Locals and International staff, State Council Directors and staff; and external allies.
This position reports to the 2020 Director.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelors degree in political science, labor relations, communications, public policy or a related field, and at least (5) years of grassroots union, political or issue campaign work, or a combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of unions and organizing.
• Knowledge of how politics and policy can advance the progressive agenda and build power for working people
• Knowledge of strategies used in political and/or issue campaigns.
• Confidence in researching new topics
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Excellent ability to develop collaborative working relationships with peers especially in a small team context and capable of balancing multiple stakeholders’ interests
• Ability to synthesize new information
• Ability to develop campaign plans, programs, logistics and timelines
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
• Ability to work independently and approach problem solving in a proactive manner
• Skill in the use of personal computer, including Microsoft Office and the Internet
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours and extensive travel required.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A cover letter and writting sample are required for all applications.
Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
Your writing sample should demonstrate your ability to write about a specific topic, cause or issue.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holiday and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/2s46c9v8k4