America Rising LLC was launched in March 2013 as the first consulting firm on the right to integrate research, communications, digital, field research, video tracking, rapid response, and war room services. America Rising LLC currently provides consulting services to political campaigns, committees, and advocacy groups in addition to private sector clients. For the 2014 campaign cycle, America Rising was the primary organization providing research and tracking to the leading national political groups on the right. Our work targeted top-tier Senate and Congressional campaigns, and select other state races.
America Rising LLC seeks a multi-talented individual to serve as Vice President. Qualified candidates possess three to five years of relevant experience on Capitol Hill or political campaigns, in journalism or a law, lobbying, public relations, marketing or public affairs firm or trade association.
Ideal candidates will have strong management and client services experience, and will be well-versed in policy analysis or campaign-style opposition research. Candidates should have exceptional written and oral communications skills, a strong understanding of relevant policy areas and a killer political instinct. Comfort with online research platforms and field research is required.
A voracious appetite for news and the ability to recognize news angles and generate creative ideas for earned and social media campaigns is highly valued.
Candidates with developed networks and client recruitment experience are preferred.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop and execute comprehensive opposition research and multi-media communications programs to advance client objectives.
• Leverage research to create content for use on social media platforms and to generate earned media opportunities.
• Manage and train junior-level associates to assist in executing research and communications plans.
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree with three to five years of political, campaign, Capitol Hill or policy experience required.
• Excellent written and oral English language skills and the ability to communicate ideas persuasively.
• Proficiency in online research tools such as LexisNexis, Westlaw, campaign finance databases, and other research databases is required.
• Understanding of energy, health care or labor issues preferred.
• Highly organized and able to manage competing priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
• Be a creative, problem solver who can address the unique needs of each client.
Application Instructions: Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and a brief, non-academic writing sample to email@example.com.