America Rising LLC was launched in March 2013 as the first consulting firm on the right to integrate research, communications, digital, field research, video tracking, rapid response, and war room services. America Rising LLC currently provides consulting services to political campaigns, committees, and advocacy groups in addition to private sector clients. For the 2014 campaign cycle, America Rising was the primary organization providing research and tracking to the leading national political groups on the right. Our work targeted top-tier Senate and Congressional campaigns, and select other state races.
America Rising LLC seeks a multi-talented individual to serve as Research Associate. Qualified candidates possess one to three years of relevant experience on Capitol Hill or political campaigns, in journalism or a law, lobbying, public relations, marketing or public affairs firm or trade association.
Ideal candidates will have a background in policy analysis or campaign-style opposition research. Candidates should have exceptional writing skills, a familiarity with relevant policy areas and a killer political instinct. Comfort with online research platforms and field research is preferred.
A voracious appetite for news and the ability to recognize news angles and generate creative ideas for earned and social media campaigns is highly valued.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Research associates work at the direction of senior staff to conduct, synthesize and package research on behalf of clients.
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in communications, public relations, political science, marketing, economics or related field.
• One to three years relevant experience.
• Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate ideas persuasively.
• Highly organized and able to manage competing priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
• Proficiency in online research tools such as LexisNexis, Westlaw, campaign finance databases, and other research databases is preferred.
• Be a creative, problem solver who can address the unique needs of each client.
Application Instructions: Please send cover letter, resume, and a brief, non-academic writing sample to email@example.com.