Political Department Intern
Term Position through February 2, 2015
Current College Students Only
Summary: Service Employee International Union (SEIU), the nation’s fastest growing labor organization representing more than 2 million workers, is seeking full time interns in the Washington, D.C. office’s Political Department. Term position through February 2, 2015.
SEIU’s Political Department works with Local Union political leaders and SEIU members to enhance SEIU’s local, state and national political work. The political department provides support to Local Unions and our members on political targeting, campaign giving, political research and analysis, financial and accounting management, PAC giving, recruitment of member volunteers, database and technology management and training and field campaign operations.
This internship offers the opportunity to work with various aspects of the Political Department.
Focused on uniting workers in healthcare, public services and property services, SEIU members are winning better wages, healthcare and more secure jobs for our communities, and uniting their strength with their counterparts around the world to help ensure that workers benefit from today’s global economy
Primary Responsibilities: Political Department interns assist SEIU Political Department staff in: coordinating program logistics, political research, preparation of reports and other documentation, administrative duties, compiling training and field reports and drafting internal and external communications.
* Graduation from high school and currently enrolled in an academic program.
* Interest in labor and progressive politics
* Positive attitude
* Ability to work well in groups and individually
* Ability to take instruction well
* Above-average organizational skills
* Excellent phone demeanor
* Comfortable working with a diverse group of individuals
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
* Ability to handle multiple assignments in a timely manner
* Ability to analyze data and make sound, logical conclusions
Political Department interns will work in SEIU’s Political Department in Washington, D.C and will receive a stipend. Full-time interns will work a maximum of 35 hours per week; part-time academic year interns will work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Application Instructions: Please submit your resume, a cover letter that includes your availability and a writing sample.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7svhctz