Organizing Coordinator I – Higher Education Campaign * * Grade: MGT B
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Organizing Coordinator I is responsible for representing and assisting the International Union in carrying out its overall organizing programs with special emphasis on a particular Division industry. S/he is also responsible for helping to manage multiple organizing campaigns and/or major elements of the SEIU Division Organizing Program; organizing resources offered to locals and/or projects and assisting with overall management of field administration.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
* Supervise, lead, assign, and evaluate staff, including developing individual work plans with staff and overseeing their implementation and evaluation.
* Design and implement staff training and development plans and programs.
* Recruit, interview and recommend hiring staff.
* Maintain day-to-day contact with SEIU leadership; works independently to integrate strategies.
* Performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of the department.
Include SEIU staff, elected leadership; local union leaders; and staff and members; International Union staff and officers. CTW staff; state federation and central labor council leaders and staff; staff of other unions; public officials; and key staff; and leaders.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Strategic Campaign Coordinator and works independently.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* B.A. degree or at least three (3) years of supervisory experience and five (5) years of related work experience.
* Thorough knowledge of labor program planning and development.
* Knowledge of strategies and techniques used by SEIU to organize and lead division workers.
* Knowledge of unions and their issues.
* Knowledge of bargaining, organizing and organizational management
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to make formal presentations and write advocacy papers.
* Ability to use personal computer.
* Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects and meet established timelines.
Work is generally performed in an office setting, but may be required to work in other settings conducive to performing the tasks required to complete assignments. Or field work. Travel and long and extended hours required.
This is a 9 month position.
In addition to a resume, a cover letter is required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holiday and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/62vqf26