NumbersUSA, a national, non-profit immigration-reduction organization with over 6 million activists nationwide is seeking a Media Research Assistant to identify immigration-related articles to be posted and organized on a private website for reference and analysis. The position requires a keen interest in reading news stories, strong communication skills, an interest in politics, attention to detail, and the ability to work with a web-based content management system. The ideal candidate will be a “news junkie” with a knowledge of the legislative process. Understanding of immigration policy is helpful but not required.
● Research immigration-related news stories and columns.
● Post news articles to webpage.
● Add keyword tags to news articles.
● Manage and update user comments.
● Research past articles and work histories of journalists, authors.
● Manage the workflow of the online filing system.
● Compile weekly web-based reports.
Required Skills and Background
● Bachelors Degree. Knowledge of public policy and the legislative process is desired.
● 2+ years of experience research/writing experience.
● Excellent proofreading and communication skills.
Benefits: Pay is industry competitive; benefits are excellent, including medical and dental, a 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and medical leave, and commuting reimbursement.
Hiring Process: Please review our websites, www.NumbersUSA.org and www.NumbersUSA.com. Send resume and cover letter to Deputy Director, Anne Manetas, firstname.lastname@example.org.