is a bold, distinctive and leading global law firm, providing business-oriented legal advice and high-quality service across its breadth of practices to clients around the world. Our growing, dynamic marketing and business development department is looking for the right candidate to serve as the Marketing and Business Development Manager – Government Regulatory. This position provides marketing and business development support to the following Practice Areas: Telecommunications, Media and Technology, Communications, Drug, Food and Agriculture, Health, Medical Devices, Hospitals, and Stem Cell Research. Helping to frame and drive the marketing strategy and support business development and internal and external profile raising initiatives.
The Marketing and Business Development Manager will work closely with senior members of our global Marketing and Business Development team, Practice Group Leader, and Practice Area Leaders to ensure that the group’s marketing and business development initiatives support firm priorities and help drive the overall firm strategy.
The Marketing and Business Development Manager’s responsibilities fall into four major areas of focus:
Business Development and Strategy
• Work with practice group and practice area leaders, partners, and marketing leadership to develop and implement marketing goals, initiatives, and strategies to support business development.
• Help create strategy for and manage responses to RFPs, customized pitches, and business development presentations.
• Identify cross-selling opportunities within existing practice group clients and other firm clients and work with business development team and attorneys to expand client relationships.
• Support practice group, industry sector, and client team leaders by driving annual business- and budget-planning processes and managing follow-up throughout the year.
• Assist the Recruiting Department with the integration of lateral partners and counsel by helping create personal business development plans.
• Provide support on other strategic business development and promotional initiatives as needed.
• Evaluate practice group strengths and conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, pitches, presentations, and proposals.
• Gather and maintain information, Government Regulatory group experience, and local office credentials for inclusion in marketing collateral optimizing use of firm technology.
• Read industry, legal, and business publications to remain aware of trends that may impact the practice and to identify promotional opportunities.
• Work with communications team to build profile for the Practice Group, Practice Areas, Industry Sector, and Client Teams (internally and, as appropriate, externally) by publicizing victories, news items, events, and relevant articles.
• Create and regularly update web and print marketing collateral, including brochures, practice group descriptions, deal and case lists, and biographies.
• Assist in the development and production of internal and client newsletters, and regularly evaluate the need for these types of communications.
• In coordination with the communications team, evaluate sponsorships and opportunities to participate in various directories. Negotiate agreements and manage participation in sponsorships and directories in order to ensure that the firm receives the maximum return on its investment.
• Produce and manage seminars, receptions, trade show booths, and other marketing-oriented events and activities, including but not limited to mailing list creation, event promotion, development of invitations and other client communications, concept development, and vendor selection.
• Work with practice area leaders to plan practice meetings and retreats, and advise practice leaders regarding steps needed to achieve group goals.
• Supervise assigned marketing coordinator (s).
• Collaborate with other members of our global marketing and business development team.
• 7+ years of relevant experience preferred, preferably in a professional services industry.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Ability to think broadly and demonstrate a high level of initiative
• Pragmatic, diplomatic and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
• Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate staff and attorneys to carry out the firm’s marketing goals.
• Ability to contribute to the overall growth of our team by collaborating with colleagues and facilitating teamwork.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills and an exacting attention to detail in all work product.
• Project and team management experience.
• Excellent research skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Core Hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (includes lunch hour). Must be flexible to work additional hours.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
Please apply online: http://careers-us.