The Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) is seeking a Manager of Federal Government Affairs to assist MHI’s federal advocacy team in promoting the manufactured housing industry in Congress and at the agencies. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, the Federal Government Affairs Manager will support MHI’s legislative and regulatory efforts relating to financial services, housing, energy, and tax issues. The Federal Government Affairs Manager will support efforts on Capitol Hill and at regulatory agencies, MHI-PAC activities, grassroots activation, and other projects related to successful advocacy.
• Monitoring and analyzing legislative, regulatory, and political developments impacting the manufactured housing industry.
• Covering congressional committee meetings and floor actions, regulatory proposals and meetings, and stakeholder/coalition meetings.
• Writing memos, issue briefs, articles, talking points, presentations, advocacy alerts, and advocacy content for social media.
• Arranging, coordinating, and preparing for meetings on the Hill, with political committees, at federal agencies, and with key stakeholders.
• Attending some staff-level meetings on the Hill, at federal agencies, and with key stakeholders.
• Communicating with MHI members regarding legislative and regulatory issues impacting the manufactured housing industry.
• Assisting in the development and administration of MHI conferences and meetings.
• Understanding and support of the Manufactured Housing Institute’s mission.
• At least three years of professional experience, including 2 years of legislative or advocacy experience. Demonstrated knowledge of the legislative and political process. (Capitol Hill experience preferred).
• Previous experience in monitoring and analyzing public policy.
• Social media experience (experience with online advocacy and mobilizing grassroots advocates a plus).
• Excellent communication, research, and organizational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree.
About the Manufactured Housing Institute:
The Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) is the national trade organization representing all segments of the factory-built housing industry. MHI members include home builders, lenders, home retailers, community owners, suppliers and others affiliated with the industry. MHI’s membership includes 50 affiliated state organizations. MHI serves its members by providing industry research, advocacy, and education programs, and by building and facilitating consensus within the industry.
Manufactured housing is a key source of quality, affordable housing for more than 22 million Americans. Manufactured housing plays an important role in providing reliable, sustainable housing for current and future homeowners looking to meet a variety of housing and lifestyle needs. Manufactured housing is a highly-regulated industry, with three distinct qualities: manufactured homes are safe, they are energy efficient and they are affordable. For more information, visit http://www.manufacturedhousing.org/.
Interested applicants should email resume and letter of interest addressed to Dr. Lesli Gooch, MHI’s Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.