Orrick currently has an excellent opportunity in our New York office for a Legislative Assistant.
The Legislative Assistant position is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, and coordination of state government relations. This includes researching issues, preparing background materials, drafting advocacy pieces, organizing meetings, and completing other various tasks, as needed.
- Organize and coordinate state attorneys general and legislator meetings.
- Research, write, and edit advocacy pieces.
- Conduct research on various issues and attorney general office processes.
- Prepare briefing materials.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and hosting fundraising events.
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategies in the context of dynamic attorney general environment and dynamic legislative environment.
- Gather news articles related to attorneys general on a daily basis.
- Assist with research and writing of attorney general advocacy and legislative pitches to potential clients.
- Minimum one to three years government affairs experience, either working in an attorney general’s office, a legislative office or a lobbying/governmental affairs firm or trade association that represents/advocates on behalf of clients before legislatures or attorneys general.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Must possess excellent research, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills. • Must exercise independent judgment.
- Ideal candidate would have substantial client advocacy experience at a state lobbying/governmental affairs firm.
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality, commercially-oriented legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple—we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, a supportive and team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please select the Apply For This Job option at the top of the page. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.