Integrated Campaign Coordinator* * * Grade:* PS3
Purpose:* * This position is responsible for coordinating campaigns between SEIU International’s Government Relations department, SEIU local unions, and joint and state councils across the country.
Primary Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
* Supports new and ongoing campaigns, initiated by the International or locals/state councils by offering tailored policy solutions, leveraging national/state/local political relationships, and ensuring relevant staff are working together
* Maintains significant understanding of specific state SEIU membership and organizational structure, state/municipal politics and state/municipal issues that affect SEIU members
* Strategizes with fellow Integrated Campaign Coordinators and the Integrated Campaign Director to ensure campaigns complement other SEIU field efforts; political and research asks are prioritized correctly and used efficiently; traditional communications and new media are used strategically
* Provides assistance in the development, planning and execution of programs which address the needs of locals as determined by the Government Relations
* Represents SEIU in public forums, internally and externally.
* Designs and creates the production of and development of written materials related to the activities of the Government Relations Department for internal and external uses.
* Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Include SEIU and affiliate staff both in the International and on local and state levels; elected officials on various levels
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Could be long and extended hours, and extensive travel required.
Direction and Decision Making:
This position reports to the Director of Integrated Campaigns and works under general supervision. Requires a high degree of judgment of relationships and ideas, initiative and drive.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years of experience in the following areas: issue or political campaigns, legislative strategy or public policy development.
Or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Knowledge, passion and commitment for labor unions, the issues they prioritize, and their constituencies
* Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects to completion that have multi-level political and policy angles and implications;
* Ability to handle projects simultaneously; good organizational skills.
* Ability to drive projects with different stakeholders
* Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
* Knowledge of government relations, legislative issues and dynamics of local and state governments.
* Ability to manage projects.
* Ability to work independently ensuring for completion of projects and programs.
* Ability to work with all levels of staff and members in sometimes complex and political situations.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to analyze data and make sound, logical conclusions.
* Skill in the use of personal computer and related SEIU software.
Coordinator will most likely be responsible for a region of the country; therefore, will need to frequently travel to various states.
Thirty-six (36) weeks
Application Requirements :
A cover letter is required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holiday and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/