Location: Washington, DC
Hours: 25-29 hours per week
Pay: Hourly wage
Dates: Immediately through Summer 2015
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and one letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Description: The American Land Title Association is seeking a grassroots/state government affairs intern to work with the Title Action Network (TAN) and communications team. The grassroots/state government affairs intern will assist communications and government affairs staff members with data entry for new members, recruitment for TAN, engagement of current TAN members and state land title associations, and communication plans for TAN and the land title industry. The Title Action Network is an energized movement of thousands of title insurance industry professionals promoting the industry’s value and protecting homeownership rights.
• Assist with data entry for new Title Action Network members.
• Improve membership records through database cleanup
• Aid in implementation of recruitment plans for new Title Action Network members.
• Answer questions from Title Action Network members.
• Draft print, email and social media communications for Title Action Network members.
• Research trends in grassroots communication and recruitment.
• Participate in team meetings and brainstorm sessions.
• Assist ALTA staff as necessary.
• Pursuing BS/BA.
• An interest in grassroots recruitment, communication, or public affairs.
• Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience with social media.
ALTA provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.