Executive Office Analyst
Overview: SEIU is looking for an analyst to support projects of our Executive Office and to be based in Washington DC. SEIU is looking for a self-starting, intellectually curious person who is excited about exploring how workers and our union will meet the challenges of the 21st century.
We may be looking for you if:
* You want to use a wide variety of research methods to help inform organizational strategy.
* You hate not knowing the answer to something and you want to dig until you find it.
* You love finding the signals in the noise and figuring out how to effective communicate what you learn to a variety of audiences.
About SEIU: SEIU has 2 million members in the US and Canada primarily in health care, property services and public service industries. SEIU is on the cutting edge of progressive activism, building power by uniting workers to build better communities and strengthen our democracy.
Join us if you want to fight for a just society:
* Where all workers are valued and all people are respected,
* Where all families and communities thrive,
* Where we leave a better and more equal world for generations to come.
Purpose: The Executive Office Analyst is responsible for providing timely, insightful and actionable research to advance the development and implementation of confidential projects and union-wide priority programs. The EOA undertakes quantitative and qualitative research projects in support of the executive office, union-wide, and research department priorities and directives. The Executive Office Analyst will report to the Research Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:The Executive Office Analyst performs a wide range of duties related to research support for a variety of programs and projects which include organizing and/or contract campaigns. Duties vary by project and may include but are not limited to the following:
* Works with research department leadership team to design and execute quantitative and qualitative research projects in support of executive office, union-wide, and department priorities and directives. Research topics may be both internal (e.g. membership and financial modeling, scenario planning) and external (e.g. economic and industry research), and may be for internal or external use.
* Uses a wide variety of information sources including on-line databases, print information, interviews and original records, and cultivates new sources for information.
* Produces accurate, well-written, and analytically insightful memos, presentations and other documents that help inform research leadership and senior staff decision-making, while meeting strict deadlines for completion.
* Effectively communicates findings with internal and external audiences.
* Handles confidential material and sensitive issues with discretion.
* Participates in SEIU interdepartmental work groups.
* Performs other duties as required to assist the Research Department, International Union and local unions.
Education and Experience:
Undergraduate degree in economics, business or related field, a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience, or a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* A high level of curiosity about SEIU and social/economic justice movements and passion for improving the lives of SEIU members and working people everywhere.
* Demonstrated ability to conduct rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis. Knowledge of corporate financial analysis a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to derive sound, logical insights out of complex information and situations
* Outstanding writing, verbal, and analytical communication skills (writing samples will be required)
* Demonstrated skill in the use of spreadsheets (particularly Microsoft Excel), databases, presentation software and on-line information sources.
* Must be able to work with elected SEIU leaders, SEIU members, and staff in complex and sometimes political situations.
* Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations effectively and with discretion.
* Ability to model consistently the vision and values of the union, as well as our leadership standards: shared unity of purpose, openness to questions and willingness to learn; acting with the courage of our convictions; working together with accountability; and commitment to inclusion.
* Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Strong interest in the parts that make up the whole of the union.
* Ability to handle multiple, complex, “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
* Ability to work extended and irregular hours on a regular basis and willingness to travel occasionally with overnight stays required.
Working Conditions:The Executive Office Analyst must be available for regular travel over a large geographic area. The position may require temporary assignments away from home as well as long and irregular hours.
Benefits: SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holiday and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
Application Requirements: In addition to your resume, a writing sample of analytical research paper and a cover letter are required for all applications as well as the successful completion of the required Research test. Your cover letter should include your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated the skills necessary for this position, and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/5gwbmxkfkm