ABOUT THE POSITION
Third Way is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to Third Way’s Senior Executive staff.
The Executive Assistant is an essential member of not only the administrative team, but Third Way as a whole. Supporting the Senior Executive members of Third Way, this position works with every member of the organization in one capacity or another. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• A sense of humor.
• Strong written, verbal, and active listening skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
• Personal initiative.
• Ability to be flexible, transition and re-prioritize based on the needs of the day, while maintaining a big picture view.
• Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment.
The following is a short list of responsibilities for this position:
• Manage calendars, working with internal and external contacts to prioritize and schedule meetings.
• Plan and coordinate travel.
• Support the planning and execution of staff meetings, conference calls, and staff events.
• Create and maintain filing systems.
• Complete administrative forms, assist, and prepare the tracking and monitoring of expenses.
• Reconcile credit card receipts.
• Record senior executives time in labor tracking system.
• Draft, proofread, and edit a wide range of internal communications; draft correspondence; prepare and review reports, talking points, and presentations.
• Provide research support, as needed.
• Research background information for meetings, reports, speeches, and executive correspondence.
• Transcribe meeting notes.
• Coordinate the planning and execution of employee retreats.
• Schedule meetings for the Management Committee.
• Work with other administrative staff, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor’s degree required.
• Excellent computer and MS Office Suite skills.
• Experience juggling multiple tasks and serving high-level executives.
• Strong organizational abilities, including excellent attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to manage several moving and changing parts.
• Comfortable interacting in diverse environments.
• Highly motivated and committed to having impact with work.
SKILLS, TRAITS, BELIEFS
• Self-starting: Third Way seeks people who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
• Collaborative: Third Way works in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
• Creative: Third Way fosters divergent thinking that isn’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their own preconceptions.
• Results-oriented: Third Way runs with an organization-wide commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
COMPENSATION Competitive compensation and benefits
TO APPLY Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” as the subject line.