Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that places creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with employers in and around Washington, DC.
Please read the job description below and/or visit http://www.brainstormresources.com/ApplyOnline for additional information regarding our firm and currently open positions with our clients.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is currently supporting a Washington, DC-based, global research organization that is focused on improving sustainability.
They are seeking the support of an E-mail Marketing Specialist, for an assignment that will ideally begin between 8/8 and 8/15, and which will continue for four months, through the end of December (just before the holidays).
The person formerly in this role is being temporarily elevated to a more senior position, to cover another member of the team’s need for temporary leave. This means that the temporary employee will have full access each day, to a highly knowledgeable mentor.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has helped the client organization identify great people for long-temporary engagements previously, and has also supported the hiring manager while she was working for other employers.
* Work closely with program staff to manage emails and e-newsletters.
* Play an active role in strategic email and e-newsletter planning.
* Conduct tests of various aspects of email and e-newsletter composition.
* Perform analytics on email messaging to determine the results of communications and report them to the Online Communications Director and relevant program staff.
* Work with the CRM Specialist to generate targeted and segmented lists to optimize the success of broadcast emails and e-newsletters.
* Optimize email communications for mobile devices and other technology.
* Keep current with and follow best practices and standards in the email marketing industry.
* Grow organization’s email list organically via high-quality emails and e-newsletters that become shared with others.
* Create and maintain event pages to which email invitations are linked.
* Maintain email marketing production schedule/calendar to ensure accurate and timely delivery of emails.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* 1-3 years of email marketing experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
* Basic experience manipulating HTML
* Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems a plus
* Experience with Blackbaud NetCommunity and/or Salesforce ParDot will set you apart
* Knowledge of CAN-SPAM compliance is a plus
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to pick up technical applications and concepts quickly
* Exceptional work ethic, ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
All will be done at the on-site at the organization’s offices, which are less than a block away from Union Station in Washington, DC.
DURATION / HOURS:
We are seeking applicants who are:
(1) interested in working a full-time schedule of 40 hours/week and,
(2) only be interested in working a maximum of three-days or 24 hours/week.
The employer believes the current slate of responsibilities is a good fit for a part-time employee who will work in the office three days each week. However, they can fold additional, related responsibilities into the role if we identify someone terrific who wants to work a full-time schedule and brings relevant skills that can be applied to an expanded scope of work.
As noted above, we do only want to hear from applicants who can work on-site at the organization’s easily accessible downtown offices.
Based on the bill rate we have established with our client, we can offer an hourly pay rate range of $23 to $30/hour.
We are advertising a broad hourly pay range because our client would like to consider talented applicants who might offer an equally broad band of professional experience. The organization could benefit from bringing on a great early career professional or might decide to make the investment in someone how has a bit more experience.
The actual rate and salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms, and will be based on our evaluation and our client’s evaluation of your experience and personal presentation during one or more in-person interviews.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal, please scroll to the bottom of the job announcement and then either login to your profile or click the “Apply for this Position” button.
If you are reading this job description anywhere else, please visit http://bit.ly/29VbYGt (shortened, direct URL) to see the job description at our Application Portal. Then, at the bottom of the page either login to your profile or click the “Apply for this Position” button. Alternatively, you can visit http://brainstormresources.com/ApplyOnline/ to search all currently open jobs with our clients and then follow these steps to apply:
1) At the top of the page, chose to search jobs in “Any” location.
2) All available opportunities will be listed. Please click on the appropriate position title.
3) Read the Employer Overview and complete Job Description.
4) Apply at the bottom of the page. During the application process please make sure to:
-> Complete your personal profile,
-> Provide answers to all short questionnaires provided,
-> Indicate your specific software application skills,
-> Upload a resume,
-> Upload other documents you consider relevant (ex: work samples, cover letter).
Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response.
Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.