Director – Client Services
Partnering with our clients, DCI provides strategic counsel and designs winning public affairs and communications campaigns around the world. Our creative solutions advance the business priorities of our clients by delivering results in the most challenging environments.
Our team includes public affairs strategists who have held positions at the most senior levels within government, politics, and corporate communications. Each has extensive experience in managing complex issue campaigns. They choose to work at DCI Group because they want a different kind of career experience and the highest quality client relationships. Our team members are motivated by our business approach, where our success is predicated on our clients’ success.
General responsibilities include: managing tasks on several client projects concurrently and interacting with internal client services teams on a daily basis and ease, comfort and professionalism.
The Director will be required to:
• Manage and administer the activities of assigned accounts or industry segments in accordance with DCI policies and client objectives
• Manage complex issue campaigns, including creation and execution of strategic public relations plans
• Create strategy, planning, and implementation of multi-state, domestic grassroots campaigns to generate support of a cause and mobilize supporters into action, using traditional and on-line media
• Coordinate tasks on multi-state projects interacting with internal client services teams and external consultants on a daily basis
• Manage day-to-day activities of a grassroots coalition in conjunction with consultants and staff
• Prepare strategic and tactical plans to execute the client’s agenda
• Develop and monitor messaging and written materials for alignment with client priorities to ensure strategic guidance on distribution of the message
• Recruit and engage like-minded voices and experts to action in support of a common goal and organize engagement activities behalf of a client or client-related issue
• Set strategic framework for client/project/internal plans, set measurement for success, and resolve high-level strategic and tactical issues
• Manage budgets and staff for projects
• Prepare weekly status reports for projects
• Establish excellent relationships and ongoing communication with existing client, working closely with senior level personnel
• Understand and work well with all areas of the business, developing relationships within the firm
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and highly organized with great interpersonal skills. Furthermore, the candidate must be able to demonstrate solid written and verbal communication skills. Finally, it is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization and be viewed as a highly collaborative team player.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
• Complex project management skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to prepare and present complex materials or issues before a wide variety of audiences
• Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of communication styles
• At least 5 years of professional work in politics/public affairs or corporate/government equivalent; healthcare experience a plus
• The individual must demonstrate a working knowledge of coalitions and grassroots and their impact on state and federal public policy issues
• Strong writing and communications skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
• Ability to manage and execute projects within tight timeframes
• Strong leadership skills are also required
• Ability to make critical and sometimes difficult decisions on a tight deadline to assure that team operations stay on target and on schedule
• Willingness to travel domestically (35%)
We look forward to receiving your application! Please apply at www.dcigroup.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.