NumbersUSA, a national, non-profit immigration-reduction organization with over 2 million registered activist members nationwide is seeking a Website Content Editor to develop and manage content for its top-ranked political activism website.
Job Description: This position is responsible for daily (and often hourly) updating and maintaining organization’s websites, working in conjunction with Capitol Hill staff to ensure current legislative priorities are reflected on website.
• Working with Capitol Hill staff to ensure current legislative priorities are reflected on website;
• Re-purposing content for use on the web;
• Managing content, including writing current news stories, designing graphics, tagging, and adding new resource materials;
• Ensuring content consistency and theming throughout all parts of the website;
• Analyzing website traffic metrics and search engine optimization and recommending actions for increasing performance;
• Auditing the website for errors;
• Communicating/Coordinating with our technical team to ensure a rewarding user experience.
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 3-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Position will report to Director of Content and Activism but work closely with entire Management Team.
Successful candidate must have:
• Understanding of the unique aspects of reading and writing on the Web;
• Experience with Content Management Systems. We use Drupal;
• Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS;
• Familiarity with Dreamweaver and Photoshop;
• Attention for detail;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Ability to work independently;
• Strong interest in politics;
• Good communication skills.
Strong candidates will have previous online writing experience, knowledge of legislative process, and experience creating web content using a content management system.
Benefits: Pay is industry competitive; benefits are excellent, including medical and dental, a 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and medical leave, and commuting reimbursement.
Hiring Process: Please review our websites, www.NumbersUSA.org and www.NumbersUSA.com. Send resume and cover letter to Deputy Director, Anne Manetas, firstname.lastname@example.org.