SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Data Coordinator – Data & Technology Grade: PS 1
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Data Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of member data base support for various efforts within the union to ensure that information is accurate, comprehensive, and secure and that users can receive needed information from the databases.
Primary Responsibilities:(Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
· Assists in the implementation of database operations for member and general public communication efforts.
· Advises, assists, and trains other SEIU and local staff to use database tools such as MemberVAN, VoterVAN, , in-house ETL applications, and Catalist’s QTool and MTool.
· Assists in coordination with internal departments or venders to maintain accurate lists and provides reports, lists, and other materials to support efforts.
· Maintains security procedures to ensure safety and integrity of data and paper lists. Maintains user access; maintains user passwords, and procedures to ensure on site and off site backup of data.
· Imports and exports files between formats and programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, delimited text files, and a variety of file formats including utilizing e-mail and web based applications.
· Maintains or oversees maintenance of database files including original materials such as lists, authorization cards, etc.
· Assists in writing training and operations materials. Train campaign staff to access system generated reports for campaign needs. Train database staff to produce custom reports as needed.
· Maintain and organize development and support requests of our various database applications such as VAN, Catalist and MAPP.
· Provide training to locals to MAPP, VAN, and Catalist and other applications in our technology stack.
· Performs other duties as required to assist the International Union.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from a accredited four-year college or university with bachelor’s degree in data management and one to two years relevant experience in data management on a complex campaign, including experience in administering a VAN database.
Graduation from high school or GED and four (4) years of relevant experience in data management on a complex campaign, including experience in administering a VAN database.
· Ability to analyze data and make sound, logical conclusions.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment in politically sensitive situations.
· Ability to train users to operate the systems.
· Demonstrated experience in managing large amounts of data, importing and exporting data, implementing security systems and procedures, writing and training users to use technology.
· Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft software, installing hardware and software, monitoring equipment and software and making recommendations to solve problems.
· Knowledge of on-line databases (OrgVAN, MemberVAN, VoterVAN, Whoopdedupe, Catalist’s MTool and QTool).
· Knowledge of political canvass data operations preferred.
· Knowledge of the labor organizing methods preferred.
· Must be able to act and organize time with independence.
· Must be able to handle multiple priority projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
· One to two years’ experience with SQL queries, preferred.
· Skill in the use of geographic and mapping software or data visualization software a plus.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, database design, importing and exporting files between formats and programs including utilizing e-mail and web based applications.
Must be available for frequent travel with overnight stays required. Long and irregular hours.
Probationary Period: 36 weeks
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and as such the incumbent is bound by the language of said agreement and party to all benefits, dues and requirements associated with being a member of a union and the (CBA).
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation costs are not covered by SEIU.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/fcqjwk58tq