Conservative Book Club (CBC) is seeking an Advertising Director to lead our advertising initiatives. We are looking for an enthusiastic go-getter dedicated to achieving and surpassing sales goals, as well as being focused on delivering value to our customers.
Competitive candidates will be:
• Able to develop and execute online advertising sales plans to achieve revenue goals. This will include the ability to analyze market conditions, identify new business opportunities and implement creative sales strategies.
• Develop and execute short- and long-term strategies that bring revenue opportunities and innovative approaches to our market, which is primarily online.
• Identify, build and foster long-term client relationships.
• P&L and post-campaign execution performance reporting.
• Work with our Editorial and Marketing departments to maximize advertising potential, while overseeing a PT advertising coordinator to help implement ad initiatives.
Other qualifications include:
• A bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business administration or other relevant area. Appropriate experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• A minimum of 1-3 years advertising sales experience and previous record of success meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets.
• The ability to learn and use a variety of software programs, (i.e. Salesforce & Google Analytics).
• A successful director will have a go-getter personality, will strive to surpass sales goals, has excellent time management skills, and is detail-oriented. Candidate should also be personable and outgoing, a team player, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Compensation includes a base salary and a performance-based bonus opportunity. Owned by Salem Media Group, we offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, vacation and sick leave, 401K, and more.
The Conservative Book Club is a nationwide community of conservative book enthusiasts and a trusted resource for conservative-themed book recommedations, reviews, and bestseller rankings with over half a million members nationwide. The CBC recently celebrated its 50th anniversary and formally relaunched in its current digital iteration, including a daily updated website, daily e-newsletter, and a very active social media community.
Our office is located on Capitol Hill at 300 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20001, and is conveniently located within walking distance of the Union Station metro stop (red line).
If interested in the position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.