SIFMA is the voice of the U.S. securities industry. We represent the broker-dealers, banks and asset managers whose nearly 1 million employees provide access to the capital markets, raising over $2.5 trillion for businesses and municipalities in the U.S., serving clients with over $20 trillion in assets and managing more than $67 trillion in assets for individual and institutional clients including mutual funds and retirement plans. SIFMA, with offices in New York and Washington, D.C., is the U.S. regional member of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA). For more information, visit http://www.sifma.org.
We are currently seeking an Associate or Senior Associate to join the Public Policy and Advocacy (PPA) team. The Associate/Senior Associate will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing legislative and regulatory developments that impact SIFMA’s member firms. The successful candidate must demonstrate detailed knowledge of the policy issues confronting the financial services industry before Congress and the regulatory agencies in order to act as a substantive resource for staff advisors and SIFMA member firm representatives.
• Cover, analyze and write summary reports on congressional hearings, regulatory meetings, and other policy events;
• Contribute to and develop PPA communications to senior staff internally and at member firms, including but not limited to newsletters, prospective schedules, press coverage, and regulatory tracking tools;
• Assist in developing and pursuing projects and initiatives related to legal, regulatory and market practice issues within the financial markets;
• Assist with the development of committee documents and coordination of committee meetings;
• Coordinate with SIFMA’s Communication department on relevant website and social media content;
• Liaise with PPA managers and staff advisors to identify opportunities to provide research and analysis;
• Participate in staff meetings;
• Any additional duties as needed.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited university;
• Knowledge of (and preferably a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in) regulation, capital markets, or public policy areas;
• Analytic skills necessary to understand the legal and regulatory issues affecting the industry as well as to summarize complex documents or presentations;
• Sharp attention to detail, organization and an ability to multi-task;
• An ability to anticipate needs and work proactively to support PPA managers and staff advisors;
• Strong verbal and written communications skills suitable for business and advocacy purposes;
• An ability to proactively acquire knowledge and understanding of important financial concepts, policy issues, and stakeholders;
• Exceptional research, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills;
• A strong interest in regulatory and other public policy issues, as well as the development of standardized market practices;
• A flexible work schedule is important and the candidate may be required to occasionally work beyond regular close-of-business hours if necessary.
SIFMA offers salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com and indicate “Associate/Senior Associate, Federal Government Relations” in the subject line of your email. EOE.