SIFMA is the voice of the U.S. securities industry, representing the broker-dealers, banks and asset managers whose 889,000 employees provide access to the capital markets, raising over $2.4 trillion for businesses and municipalities in the U.S., serving clients with over $16 trillion in assets and managing more than $62 trillion in assets for individual and institutional clients including mutual funds and retirement plans. SIFMA, with offices in New York and Washington, D.C., is the U.S. regional member of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA). For more information, visit http://www.sifma.org.
The DC office is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant. This position requires a polished and professional team player, able to prioritize and juggle assignments, possessing tact, diplomacy and superior office and interpersonal skills.
• Ability and responsibility to interpret emails and be responsive and proactive in assisting Managing Directors without explicit instructions;
• Superior proofreading skills are mandatory;
• Ability to research projects, online and via hard copy reference documents and conduct other professional related tasks;
• Ability to anticipate needs and work proactively to support Managing Directors;
• Assist in processing budget work packages and allocating expenses to member firms as appropriate for committees and syndicated working groups.;
• Support committee staff advisors, which includes roster and e-mail list maintenance, setting up conference calls, and handling meeting logistics;
• Prepare briefing books, background materials, itineraries, etc;
• Prepare draft emails to committees when necessary;
• Assist with the maintenance of a contact database which includes congressional staff, outside counsel, government representatives, and firm representatives;
• Retrieve articles, legislation, documents and information from Internet sources;
• Assist with document production for Congress and member-firms;
• Administrative duties include preparing correspondence, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, credit card reconciliations, check requests and travel reimbursements, maintaining files, assisting with front desk phone coverage and other general administrative duties;
• Any additional duties as needed.
The Administrative Assistant will have:
• Bachelor degree from an accredited university and minimum 2 years of administrative support experience;
• Demonstration of excellent clerical, organizational, time management and written and verbal communication skills;
• Technical skills including a full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with database use and functionality;
• A skill set to include accuracy in proof reading and extreme attention to detail;
• An ability to prioritize tasks/workload and multi-task when necessary
• A professional demeanor;
• A commitment to provide superior customer service with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients;
• A high level of respect for colleagues;
• A superior work ethic including being punctual, demonstrating work effectiveness, persistency and commitment.
SIFMA offers salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com and indicate “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your email. EOE.