Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
2020 Program Lead Grade: E
Two positions are available
This position is responsible for helping to build the SEIU 2020 program – a program focused on building long-term power for working people in states.
Primary Responsibilities: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification)
· Plays a primary role in synthesizing goals/strategies and putting them together in comprehensive state plans to build power.
· Plays a leading role in the implementation of the plans for a specific set of states in partnership with Locals, State Council, the IU and partners.
· May also play a role in driving national short and long-term campaigns in states.
· Helps with coordination with SEIU Locals, IU Departments, IU Divisions, State Councils, other SEIU bodies on preparation for state meetings/plans including agenda creation, note taking and synthesis, follow up calls and other logistical needs.
· Makes recommendations to the 2020 Director on opportunities and challenges in plan development and implementation.
· Tracks budgets and reports for state plans. Reads and evaluates reports, gives feedback on reports.
· Performs other duties as required to support the program and its mission.
SEIU Locals and International staff, State Council Directors and staff; and external allies.
This position reports to the 2020 Director.
Education and Experience:
At least (8) years of grassroots union, political or issue campaign work, or a combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, skills and abilities and preference for graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelors degree in political science, labor relations, communications, public policy or a related field, and at
Knowledge of unions and organizing.
Knowledge of how politics and policy can advance the progressive agenda and build power for working people
Knowledge of strategies used in political and/or issue campaigns.
Confidence in researching new topics
Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Excellent ability to develop collaborative working relationships with peers especially in a small team context and capable of balancing multiple stakeholders’ interests
Ability to synthesize new information
Ability to develop campaign plans, programs, logistics and timelines
Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
Ability to work independently and approach problem solving in a proactive manner
Skill in the use of personal computer, including Microsoft Office and the Internet
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long and extended hours and extensive travel required.
A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU staff enjoy top notch benefits including comprehensive health benefits, major medical, dental and vision for employee and eligible dependents, domestic partner benefits, competitive salaries, generous holidays and vacation policies, and both a pension plan and a 401(K) Plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/4xr3cw58mb