2016 Political Campaign Operations Director Grade: D
This is a Term position ending 12/31/2016.
Purpose: The person in this position is responsible for member canvass operations and all related logistics in support of the 2016 political cycle.
Primary Responsibilities :(Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
• Set up systems and processes to guarantee regular communication between Regional Logistics Coordinators, Political Department leadership, in-state leadership, HR, Finance, Legal, and Logistics (CLIF meetings, weekly calls with RLCs and field staff, online database, etc)
• Hire and manage a team of Regional Logistics Coordinators who coordinate directly with local unions to on-board new hires, coordinate day to day logistics in states, maintain systems and processes, approve reimbursable expenses for lost timers and field staff, arrange travel, set up special events (weekend warriors, staging locations for special canvasses, etc), and overall lead in state logistics
• Manage temporary staff to assist the finance department’s General Ledger Specialist with payroll and HR with onboarding new lost time hires
• Oversee and maintain online database to track lost time hiring documentation, onboarding information, personal information, payroll, expenditures, soft reporting, campaign assignment (lead, hotel, dates, etc), equipment, travel, and more.
• Coordinate SEIU staff deployment including survey, policies, assignments, coordination with in-state leadership
• Set up system to track and pull information needed for reporting lost time related costs in accordance with FEC, DOL, and IRS regulations
• Create well-written campaign operations manuals with all policies and processes for onboarding, reimbursements, travel, equipment, and more in collaboration with Political, HR, Finance, Legal
• Set up and maintains national agreements with vendors to procure equipment, office supplies, ground transportation, and others as needed
• First point of contact for Political Department, Finance, Legal, Logistics, and compliance and database consultants regarding lost time operations
• Lead operations for deployment of SEIU staff to field canvass and assist with scheduling leaders
• May lead or assist with logistics of other SEIU campaigns doing political activity such as Fight for $15
• May lead or assist with logistics of other national political events such as DNCC and LUPD/SCED meetings
• May lead or assist with logistics for union-wide events
• Perform other duties as required to support the program and its mission
Include SEIU staff and leaders; Local Union staff, leaders, and members; and vendors.
Direction and Decision Making
This position reports to the Logistics Department Director and works closely with staff in the Political, Legal, Human Resources andFinance Departments along with consultants and vendors.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a bachelor’s degree and at least four (4) years of political field campaign experience and at least two (2) years of work with unions or the experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Commitment to electing pro-labor candidates and promoting SEIU’s goals
• Experience working with campaign and/or field logistics and operations and familiarity specifically with SEIU’s field based operations
• Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
• Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally, especially in clearly conveying instructions and processes
• Diplomatic and professional approach to problem solving with staff and leaders at all levels while maintaining ability to thinking independently and creatively
• Work independently and as a member of a group, problem-solve and make logical conclusions in a fast paced, campaign environment
• Successfully manage direct reports, create and maintain relationships with field based staff, and coordinate with leaders across SEIU departments
• Create a collaborative work environment
• Motivate others while working under pressure with tight deadlines
• Above-average organizational skills
• Adapt to changing situations on a daily basis
• Anticipate operational needs and prepare for glitches and last minute changes
• Ability to handle multiple projects to completion
• Attention to detail
• Excellent phone demeanor
• Able to work irregular and long hours and available to travel, often on short notice
• Comfortable working with a diverse group of individuals
• Proven ability to work with or manage large budgets ($10M+) with varying components
• Experience working with field based expenses such as reimbursements, allowances, check requests
• Knowledge of and experience with QuickBase preferred
• Advanced and demonstrated skill in the use of computers to include Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Access and Excel), databases, spreadsheets, online databases, and internet research
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Long hours and travel required.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/rsg2kgb4hb