Sorini, Samet & Associates LLC (SSA) is seeking an Associate for its Washington, D.C office. SSA is a fast-paced consulting and government affairs firm focused on strategic international trade issues. SS&A clients range from U.S. and foreign companies and industry associations to non-governmental organizations and foreign governments. The associate position will support ongoing client initiatives and engage with our principals on a variety of projects.
The Trade Advisor/ Legislative Affairs Associate will oversee the day-to-day operations of client projects, assist in setting program goals and benchmarks, and ensure projects are continuing to move forward. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
• Monitoring and reporting on the status of trade legislation and negotiations
• Issue research and writing
• Compiling, manipulating, and reporting trade data
• Arranging and staffing meetings for clients on Capitol Hill and Executive offices
• Attending and reporting on congressional hearings, briefings, and trade-focused events
• Administrative support to firm operations
The position requires a strong self-starter who can effectively multi-task and focus on the details.
• 2-5 years related professional experience
• Previous Hill experience a plus
• Demonstrated interest in international trade
• Graduate or law degree preferred
• Knowledge of the legislative processes a plus
• Self-starter, comfortable working independently and able to handle a high level of responsibility
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
Please send resume and cover letter to Megan Costello – email@example.com.