The Scheduler partners closely with the Director to proactively schedule the President’s time to reflect Planned Parenthood’s strategic priorities. The Scheduler will facilitate cross-divisional communication and cooperation to ensure the President’s time is strategically allocated to further organizational and departmental goals. In addition, the Scheduler will foster and grow relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through special projects and while collaborating on the building and execution of the President’s schedule.
The Scheduler is responsible for the overall execution, planning and related advance & travel logistics for the schedule of the President. The Scheduler will serve as the primary point of contact for all internal/external scheduling requests for the President, and is responsible for improving scheduling templates as needed and scheduling call formats. Additionally, the Scheduler will partner with the Special Assistant to ensure the delivery of accurate and timely briefing materials and related logistical information for all scheduled events and meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute and help plan the schedule of the President, in conjunction with the Director of the OOP. Ensure that the schedule meets the priorities and goals of the OOP Strategy and partner with the Director of OOP in the overall vision of the schedule.
- Manage all internal and external scheduling requests of the President. Collect and maintain ongoing scheduling requests ensuring all calendar requests are documented and appropriate review occurs.
- Oversee all traveling and advance logistics related to the schedule of the President. Organize trip planning calls with internal/external stakeholders, develop written, detailed schedules, and manage all related travel in conjunction with the schedule and from time to time for the President’s traveling party. Manage logistics related to the schedule including agenda scope and briefing materials.
- Coordinate cross-divisionally to ensure that all materials related to the schedule including briefing memos, travel confirmations and speech materials are accurate, timely and are incorporated in the daily briefing binder.
- Partner with the Special Assistant to create the President’s call and action lists and help the President to execute said lists.
- Develop and improve templates and formats related to the scheduling process. Such materials include scheduling template, scheduling request template, event memo template and final product, and trip call agenda.
- Support the Director of the OOP and team in providing logistical support for all-staff
- Complete special projects as required.
- Travel domestically as required.
- Partner with Special Assistant as backup as needed. Cross-train in all Special Assistant responsibilities.
Ensure that the President’s schedule is aligned to the OOP Strategy and Goals and is executed in a manner that is consistent with OOP Principles. Ensure that the President is supported in terms of logistical and advance needs. Evaluate and recommend changes in scheduling and advance activities to improve them.
This position requires excellent people skills in particular partnership and relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders. It requires impeccable discretion, minute attention to detail, unflappable approach and behavior as well as excellent communication and organization skills.
Respond to problems and challenges on a daily basis, in particular those that involve scheduling changes, travel and advance, cancellations and ensuring that all impacted internal/external stakeholders are communicated with appropriately.
Manage the follow-thru on problems/challenges that can be resolved independently and oversee the needed research to provide support and counsel to the Director of the OOP.
Position requires knowledge of executive office (type) operations and scheduling operations. Knowledge of campaign/political management and /or not-for-profit management is strongly recommended.
Responsible for ensuring travel and advance logistics and expenses conform to the approved budget. Responsible for ensuring cost efficiencies and value whenever possible.
This position regularly interacts with senior management staff, administrative staff, senior consultants, affiliates and other department and program senior and administrative staff in partnership to develop the President’s schedule.
Develop and maintain network of professional contacts that advance the image and/or operational well-being of the OOP and PPFA. The Scheduler will interact extensively with external stakeholders, donors, special guests and their staff on a regular basis in partnership to develop the President’ schedule.
Oversee the scheduling & briefing materials related to the President’s schedule. Ensure that all materials are accurate and are delivered in a timely manner.
Position has ongoing high-level interactions with the President, Director of the OOP, executive and expanded management team members.
The Scheduler will also have the shared assistance of the OOP Intern and will supervise the intern on special projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree. Additional professional training is preferred.
Experience: Three to six years of related, progressively responsible work experience, including scheduling & travel management experience. Campaign, political or not-for-profit management experience is a plus.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work closely (one on one) with President and senior staff.
- Self-starter with a high level of creative initiative.
- Unflappable in face of crisis or high stress situations.
- Extremely detail oriented with excellent project management skills, ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, often in a fast paced environment.
- Passionate about the mission of Planned Parenthood and the role of health provision and advocacy.
- Sense of humor.
- Ability to see and understand the big picture and translate into a strategic schedule.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is essential.
- This position will need to respond to the needs of a fast-paced operation which requires after-hours availability.
For a full position description and to apply, please visit: http://plannedparenthoodext.hire.com/viewjob.html?erjob=82020