Sales and Marketing Associate
The Advisory Board Company
Connect with Us Awards & Accolades
Facebook Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies
LinkedIn Modern Healthcare, Fast 40 Growing Health Care Firms
Company Twitter Modern Healthcare, Best Places to Work — Four years running
Careers Twitter Titled “D.C.’s Newest Tech Giant” by the Washington Business Journal
Community Impact Twitter Vault.com, Top 50 Consulting Firms
Goal-oriented, quick on your feet, and strong communication skills? If that sounds like you, perhaps a Sales and Marketing Associate role is right for you. Help promote our products and services to potential members. How many other recent college graduates get to talk with executives across healthcare and higher education? If you are looking for a job that is going to use your critical thinking skills, and challenge you to exceed your own expectations, and make a difference then this is the job for you. Help us grow our business while impacting the lives of patients and students across the globe.
The Role in Brief:
As an entry-level salaried sales position, the Sales and Marketing Associate will support a Marketing Director and be responsible for day-to-day interactions with our prospective members in either the health care or higher education industry. Sales and Marketing Associates, as part of a larger team, play a major role in the firm’s business development efforts, from establishing initial contact with members and potential members to facilitating follow up activities that lead to new business opportunities. The Sales and Marketing Associate role is based in Washington, DC.
Strategic Opportunity Identification Activities
• Develop strong content knowledge of an assigned industry within healthcare and higher education
• Research and evaluate executive priorities to identify strong potential commercial opportunities
• Create a strategic outreach plan with Marketing Director to target prospective members through market segmentation
• Develop targeted campaigns for recruitment to annual prospect events and strategic marketing events
Business Development/Sales Activities
• Identify and target prospective members through strategic planning and execution
• Communicate with prospective members including chief health care executives or university leadership using creative outreach methods via email and phone
• Schedule sales meetings and appointments for Marketing Director with prospective members to achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly goals
• Prepare background material and market research in preparation for all sales meetings and appointments
• Manage post-sales meeting follow up such as finalizing membership agreements, scheduling follow up calls and assisting with the new member sales process
• Maintain internal database to track key performance metrics and sales and marketing activities
Administrative Support Activities
• Own calendaring, logistics and administrative responsibilities for all pieces of the sales process for the Marketing Director
• Arrange inter and intra-department meetings and communication to support business objectives
• Manage special projects as necessary
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent academic record
• Must possess at least two of the following:
• Leadership experience
• Customer service experience
• Experience working in a team environment
• Sales or fundraising experience
• Experience in an office setting
• Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
• Ability to communicate by e-mail and phone with senior executives
• Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities while working towards an established goal
• Ability to overcome challenges or obstacles in the moment
• Proven persuasive experience
• Attention to detail
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including:
Rich health plan portfolio with employer contribution
401(k) with company match and rapid vesting schedule
The nation’s most generous daytime leave policy for community service
Wellness programs and an emphasis on work-life balance
Continuing training and skill development opportunities
Generous paid time off policy
Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
Employee stock purchase plan
Emergency back-up childcare
About The Advisory Board Company:
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global research, consulting, and technology firm helping hospital and university executives to better serve patients and students. We provide strategic guidance, actionable insights, web-based software solutions, and comprehensive implementation and management services. We combine the analytical, managerial, and technological expertise of our 2,000+ employees around the world with insights from the on-the-ground experience of our network of 150,000 leaders at 3,700 health care and higher education member organizations to find solutions to our partners’ most pressing challenges. We deeply appreciate the trust that our members place in us, and we seek to serve them with generosity in all that we do.
Our Culture & Values:
We think Forbes said it best: “Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about.” We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are asked to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based our values and principles. Eavesdrop on a conversation among Advisory Board teammates–or a performance review, or a planning session – and you’re likely to hear phrases such as “running toward criticism” and “the power of language” used with sincerity and even passion. We function on a meritocracy – we award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a high bar for talent, a performance-driven staff, and peers that constantly challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm – and make an impact in industries that matter to everyone.
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
To apply, please submit your resume and application online on our Corporate Career Page:https://corporate-advisory.