The position is responsible for coordinating the research work of the appropriate division/geography to which they have been assigned. The Research Coordinator is responsible for supervising international research staff and working with appropriate Locals to develop their research capacity by helping Locals recruit, train and develop Local research staff.
- Recruits, trains, evaluates, supervises and supports the work of research staff with similar division/geographic assignments; provide leadership to research staff, both international and local and assure that plans and work assignments are consistent with the organizing and political goals of SEIU.
- Works with International Union Headquarters-based research staff in the development of effective national organizing and political campaigns.
- Provides ongoing support to Division Organizers/Coordinators
- Assists with the direct implementation of national programs and mobilizations that support organizing (i.e. welfare reform, healthcare reform, solidarity support, etc.) Including working with leaders and union staff to develop organizing strategies
- Assists in the creation of Local union research networks that support organizing/political work in the Local unions.
- Provides research assistance to SEIU State councils for legislation, regulations and other political activity.
- Provides policy/funding analysis to support organizing strategies.
- Provides education and training of International and Local staff on policy and industry issues related to organizing and bargaining.
- Works with employers and industry officials on policy issues
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of the department.
Elected leadership; local union leaders; and staff and members; International Union staff and officers. CTW staff; state federation and central labor council leaders and staff; staff of other unions; public officials; and key staff; leaders and counterparts in targeted industries and employers; and leaders of other organizations who work with SEIU.
Direction and Decision Making:
Reports to the Division Coordinator/Deputy Director as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in labor relations or a combination of experience and education that will allow for the development of research/campaign support which support SEIU goals and objectives.
Work is generally performed in an office setting, but may be required to work in other settings conducive to performing the tasks required to complete assignments. Or field work. Travel and long and extended hours required.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kvd539d