Forbes-Tate is a mid-size DC-based lobbying firm looking for a bright, engaging individual to join our team as a Research Assistant. The person in this position will be responsible for providing critical fuel for this firm’s engine: timely and accurate information on matters of importance to our firm’s clients. Strong research and interpersonal skills are a must. Candidates need to have a solid working understanding of how Congress and the federal agencies function. This position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays. A bachelor’s degree is required. Interested parties should send their resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or faxes please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. FT is an EEOE.
- Develop and maintain general knowledge of legislation, government policy, and current events relevant to Forbes-Tate’s work and its clients.
- Complete research projects as requested.
- Help the principles in preparation of pitches with potential clients and meetings with current clients.
- Inform principles of relevant committee hearings and mark-ups on a weekly basis.
- Attend and report on committee hearings and meetings as requested.
- Prepare press clippings related to Forbes-Tate clients and the issues that affect them each morning by 9:00 a.m. Send an update each afternoon before leaving the office.
- Maintain the firm’s website.
- Check the Federal Register for notices on a regular basis.