The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) seeks a Mid-Atlantic Regional Political Director based in Baltimore, MD, to oversee pro-Israel political activity throughout the Mid-Atlantic States (from Northern Virginia through central New Jersey). AIPAC has worked since 1954 to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship. AIPAC is a registered domestic lobby whose principal mission is to work with Congress on legislation that strengthens the United States and Israel.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Increase the political participation of the pro-Israel community within the region and train AIPAC members to build effective relationships with their elected officials
• Manage AIPAC’s legislative mobilizations
• Conduct educational briefings with candidates for federal office
• Organize and speak at political briefings in communities throughout the region to encourage active political participation
• Track and analyze local campaign activity
• Speak in public forums to educate and engage new and current activists to facilitate pro-Israel activism in their communities
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or commensurate experience
• Passion for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship and commitment to AIPAC’s mission
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of political experience, working on political campaigns, Capitol Hill, or other relevant work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to juggle many different projects simultaneously
• A collaborative personal style
• Knowledge of Middle East current events strongly preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the link provided: https://www4.recruitingcenter.