Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective individual to assist in the tracking, development, and implementation of federal and state policy issues that directly impact patients’ ability to access comprehensive reproductive health services. Reporting to the Director of Public Policy, this position will play a critical role in researching and analyzing legislation and becoming an expert on key issues related to health care policy, including but not limited to health care reform implementation, Medicaid, and other health care finance issues. The Public Policy Analyst will work closely with other members of the Government Relations, Affiliate Services, Communications, and Field teams, as well as affiliates, to advance the public policy goals of the Federation and Planned Parenthood affiliates.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the development of health care finance policies and analyze the impact on Planned Parenthood’s ability to provide low-cost health care services.
- Work with PPFA affiliates and senior staff, develop recommendations for administrative and legislative improvements to Planned Parenthood’s public programs.
- Partner with PPFA lobbyists to advance legislation in policy portfolio areas, including drafting legislation, preparing amendment strategies, crafting supportive documentation, and promoting proactive bills.
- Develop relationships with federal administration staff, other health care provider organizations and advocacy groups to inform and advance PPFA’s public policy agenda.
- Provide timely and comprehensive reports to affiliates and PPFA senior staff, alerting them to emerging legislation, rulemakings, and other policies.
- Prepare memoranda, talking points, background/resource materials, and presentations.
- Brief senior staff on emerging policy issues and present analyses to affiliates on conference calls and at in-person meetings and conferences.
- Prepare formal comments, testimony, and letters to Congress and Executive and Regulatory agencies.
- Respond to affiliate inquiries about federal and state legislative and policy activities and provide support as necessary.
- Attend Congressional and agency hearings and briefings, as appropriate; prepare summaries and communicate to staff and affiliates.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preference for a Master’s degree in health policy
- Minimum of three years of health care policy research experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to both “get in the weeds” and see the larger picture
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Passion for health care and PPFA’s mission
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood of America does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood Federation of America is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values team work, collaboration, creativity, and building a diverse team.
For a full position description and to apply, please visit: http://plannedparenthoodext.hire.com/viewjob.html?refnode=232198